Pokemon Forever
Any Ideas on Quilava? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Any Ideas on Quilava? (/Thread-FUN-Any-Ideas-on-Quilava)

Pages: 1 2

Any Ideas on Quilava? - Dova - Jan 18, 2018

Personall I think Typhlosion is a boring pokemon as far as design goes so I wanted to get a Quilava(the best cyndaquil evo) set. Any ideas?

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - RetroTyphlosion - Jan 18, 2018

(Jan 18, 2018, 09:23 PM)Dova Wrote:  Typhlosion is a boring pokemon

@Dova Excuse me??????

Anyways, try Eruption, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, and HP Grass (or Solar Beam if you want to use it with a Sunny Day user). 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP. Timid Nature (+ Speed, -Atk).Run it with Choice Specs, or Charcoal if you want the Fire type boost without being locked into one move. If paired with Sunny Day, this thing can become a sweeper in the Middle Cup.

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Dova - Jan 18, 2018

(Jan 18, 2018, 09:42 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote:
(Jan 18, 2018, 09:23 PM)Dova Wrote:  Typhlosion is a boring pokemon

@Dova Excuse me??????

Anyways, try Eruption, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, and HP Grass (or Solar Beam if you want to use it with a Sunny Day user). 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP. Timid Nature (+ Speed, -Atk).Run it with Choice Specs, or Charcoal if you want the Fire type boost without being locked into one move. If paired with Sunny Day, this thing can become a sweeper in the Middle Cup.
I knew this was coming.....
Thanks alot, now I have some breeding to do!

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Spyro190 - Jan 19, 2018

Flay one of them and use it as ornament.

Quilava sucks in MC, as it's outclassed by Magmar and 5 or 6 other Fire type starters' evolutions, while PU is Magmortar's kingdom. In all the other tiers Thyplosion makes it unuseful.

But it would look great above the fireplace.

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Kris - Jan 19, 2018

@Spyro190 This is clearly not meant for use in serious battles, Dova asked for some set examples, not what to use instead of it.

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Kris - Jan 19, 2018

@Dova how about a Trick Room set paired with Torkoal + Lava Plume abusing Flash Fire?

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Dova - Jan 19, 2018

(Jan 19, 2018, 10:54 AM)Kris Wrote: @Dova how about a Trick Room set paired with Torkoal + Lava Plume abusing Flash Fire?
While I personally prefer Retro's suggestion I will definitely play around with that.

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Dova - Jan 19, 2018

(Jan 19, 2018, 10:52 AM)Kris Wrote: @Spyro190 This is clearly not meant for use in serious battles, Dova asked for some set examples, not what to use instead of it.
@Kris 
More like #DovaDefenseSquad. Lol

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - Spyro190 - Jan 19, 2018

(Jan 19, 2018, 10:52 AM)Kris Wrote: @Spyro190 This is clearly not meant for use in serious battles, Dova asked for some set examples, not what to use instead of it.

But...
[Image: 4OjMI5n.png]

(Jan 19, 2018, 10:54 AM)Kris Wrote: @Dova how about a Trick Room set paired with Torkoal + Lava Plume abusing Flash Fire?
Heatran is slower and stronger.

RE: Any Ideas on Quilava? - stephenWITNESS - Jan 19, 2018

@Spyro190 as you can see from your screenshot that the op has used the for fun tag ie. obviously not meant for serious battles (yes that is allowed in the competitive forums). Also considering the the point of this thread was to find set ideas for Quillava, not to find alternative mons to use in it's place. Please try not to derail this thread any further.