Pokemon Forever
My Utah Regionals Team - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: My Utah Regionals Team (/Thread-VGC-My-Utah-Regionals-Team)

My Utah Regionals Team - Arctero - May 7, 2018

Hi all! After competing at Utah over the weekend, I decided to post my team here just for the fun of it. I really enjoyed using this team and it worked really well for what it was and helped me get a record of 3-4 despite hax not being in my favor for a couple matches and ended up placing 40th. It did manage to hold its own against a few top players (although I did get destroyed by Matthew Greaves Tongue).

The Team:

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 50
EVs: 84 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Politoed @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Belly Drum
- Recycle

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

When it comes to calcs, I don't remember all the ones I did for the team, but I do know that Beedrill outspeeds Adamant max speed scarf Lando-T and can OHKO offensive Tyranitar with a U-Turn. I would have to say that the MVPs of this team are Beedrill, Seismitoad, and Politoed who is by far the bulkiest member of the team. One of the flaws of the team is how frail many of the mons are and I would consider replacing Koko with Lele as I had trouble dealing with Amoongus effectively and changing Snorlax to the Curse variant and put more attack investment into Landorus. I can now say that the team is officially retired and I will probably not be using it anymore, but it was really fun to use.

I'm probably going to post a few more teams that I think of and test on here, but my last big event will be the Niles MSS next weekend since I will be helping commentate Madison Regionals.

RE: My Utah Regionals Team - 0kamii - May 7, 2018

@Arctero

Quick question: why Seismitoad as your Swift Swim pokémon instead Swampert-M or Ludicolo?

- 0kamii

RE: My Utah Regionals Team - Arctero - May 7, 2018

@0kamii It was a personal choice. I had already used Ludicolo at Dallas and I expected rain to come back at Utah after Sao Paolo, so I wanted to use something a bit unique. He was also very fun to use and unlike Ludicolo, he gets Muddy Water which I wanted to abuse in rain. As for mega Swampert, I didn't want to use him since he does get hindered by intimidate which hurts his damage output unlike Seismitoad, while Beedrill doesn't rely on rain and still deals heavy damage to the tapus after -1. The original version of the team with Seismitoad had Gothitelle and Mawile, but I'm not too much of a trick room player so I took them out.

RE: My Utah Regionals Team - RetroTyphlosion - May 19, 2018

*sigh* I almost went to Utah... Darn it, Arctero. You and I could have met up...

RE: My Utah Regionals Team - Arctero - May 20, 2018

We could have. Are you planning on going to Madison?

RE: My Utah Regionals Team - RetroTyphlosion - May 21, 2018

No, sorry. I won't be there.