Pokemon Forever
[ORAS] What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [ORAS] What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? (/Thread-ORAS-What-do-you-guys-think-Featuring-O-P-Spiritomb-strategy)

Pages: 1 2

What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Ben Drowned - Apr 23, 2015

Sup all, i'm building a team to battle my friend and I want to know what you guys think of my team. Specially my Spiritomb because I think I found an awesome way to play with it. I'll give you my friend pokemon list without any details because we agreed to just tell each other the pokemon we are using. So here is my friend team for now (he has 5 pokemons and I don't know yet wich poke he is gonna use for last). We said no rules (no move restriction etc) and we are using only shinies that we got in oras ourself.

His team :

-Zoroark

-Jigglypuff (he's not evolving it.)

-Sandslash

-Raichu

-Ninetales

Like I said I dunno his 6th yet.

My team :

[Image: rfbx4U3.png?1]

Gyarados ( I don't know if megas are allowed yet. )

Ability : Intimidate

Moveset :
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Tail

EV Spread : Max Atk / Max Speed / Rest HP

[Image: DDcpRLH.png?1]

Garbodor

Ability : Weak Armor

Moveset :
-Gunk Shot
-Explosion
-Drain Punch
-Toxic Spikes

Item : Black Sludge

[Image: 7nTLPZn.png?1]

Sawk

Ability : Sturdy

Moveset :
-Close Combat
-Knock Off
-Rock Slide
-Poison Jab

Item : Rocky Helmet

[Image: 55hNQR8.png?1]

Trevenant

Ability : Harvest

Moveset :
-Horn Leech
-Leech Seed
-Will-O-Wisp
-Substitute

EV Spread : Max Atk / Max HP / Rest Def or Sp.Def

Item : Sitrus Berry

[Image: mEFBECP.png]

Ludicolo

Ability : Rain Dish

Moveset :
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Rain Dance

EV Spread : Max Sp.Atk / Max HP / Rest Def or Sp.Def

Item : Leftovers

[Image: 7EYhU9M.png?1]

Gothitelle

Ability : Competitive

Moveset :
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Reflect
-Light Screen

EV Spread : Max Sp.Atk / Max HP / Rest Def or Sp.Def

Item : Light Clay

[Image: qg6nT4H.png?1]

Spiritomb (I'll explain his setup)

Ability : Pressure

Moveset :
-Infestation
-Dream Eater
-Curse / Will-O-Wisps / Toxic
-Hypnosis

EV Spread : Max Sp.Atk / Max HP / Rest Def

Item : Leftovers

Info : Spiritomb has good def and sp.def stats but has no speed. Only weakness is fairy. Starting with infestation, bug type move that hit 20 sp.atk, leave the target with an infestation that damages each turn during 4 to 5 turns AND ALSO the target can't flee during this time. After that I would use Hypnosis to sleep the target. At this point you probably got hit twice because of your speed stats and you are probably low hp (depends of course.) I would use Dream Eater to get some heal back or if you still have a good amount, Use curse (Yes curse. Why? Because this attack does massive damage each turn and because of the infestation the target wont be able to switch poke.). Curse Will-O-Wisps or Toxic. Curse is good but damages you alot as well so this is why I want some feed back.

Yes I know I have 7 Pokemon listed for my team. I'd like to know wich you guys think I should pick.
THANKS!

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Marcusube - Apr 24, 2015

Is this going to be a singles team or a doubles team?

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Ben Drowned - Apr 24, 2015

(Apr 24, 2015, 06:20 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Is this going to be a singles team or a doubles team?

Might be singles.

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Marcusube - Apr 24, 2015

Your team is very weak to Flying, Ghost, Dark, Electric, Psychic, and Ice. Too many of your Pokemon share common weaknesses so it is going to be hard making safe switch ins.

Your team is really on the slow side as well. Nothing on your team is capable of revenge killing the opponent because of this hindrance.

In terms of team synergy, not much of it really exist since every Pokemon is trying to set up. You really shouldn't overdo it by carrying 4 Pokemon that have set up moves. Ludicolo really doesn't fit on this team, neither does Gothitelle.

Hypnosis has a very low accuracy which means that this set up has a high risk of failing. It isn't a bad idea but if you don't pull it off, it has hard to regain momentum.

By the way, if you have Toxic Spikes up, you can't put the opponent to sleep...

The Rain Dish Ludicolo isn't a bad idea but an easy fast sweeper can come in and remove him with no trouble. Pokemon like Gengar, Staraptor, Accelgor, Nidoking and Ambipom easily mow through Ludicolo.

But then again, this team is just against your friend so the only recommendation I give you is to drop Toxic Spikes for regular Spikes on Garbodor and Dragon Dance over Dragon Tail on Gyarados. Give Sawk a Salac Berry so when he gets pulled down to Sturdy, you can gain a speed boost and effectively sweep. Leech Seed and Protect over Ice Beam and Giga Drain on Ludicolo if you're going for a bulky set or switch Rain Dish for Swift Swim and give Ludicolo a Life Orb.

Run Shadow Tag instead of Competitive on Gothitelle so you will have an easier time setting up screens if you make a good switch. Try running Psyshock and Thunder Wave over Thunderbolt and Calm Mind, trust me you will get more out of it. Zoom Lens over Leftovers on Spiritomb if you want to use this strategy. Zoom Lens makes it so that the accuracy of Hypnosis gets boosted by 20%

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Ben Drowned - Apr 24, 2015

(Apr 24, 2015, 12:41 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Your team is very weak to Flying, Ghost, Dark, Electric, Psychic, and Ice. Too many of your Pokemon share common weaknesses so it is going to be hard making safe switch ins.

Your team is really on the slow side as well. Nothing on your team is capable of revenge killing the opponent because of this hindrance.

In terms of team synergy, not much of it really exist since every Pokemon is trying to set up. You really shouldn't overdo it by carrying 4 Pokemon that have set up moves. Ludicolo really doesn't fit on this team, neither does Gothitelle.

Hypnosis has a very low accuracy which means that this set up has a high risk of failing. It isn't a bad idea but if you don't pull it off, it has hard to regain momentum.

By the way, if you have Toxic Spikes up, you can't put the opponent to sleep...

The Rain Dish Ludicolo isn't a bad idea but an easy fast sweeper can come in and remove him with no trouble. Pokemon like Gengar, Staraptor, Accelgor, Nidoking and Ambipom easily mow through Ludicolo.

But then again, this team is just against your friend so the only recommendation I give you is to drop Toxic Spikes for regular Spikes on Garbodor and Dragon Dance over Dragon Tail on Gyarados. Give Sawk a Salac Berry so when he gets pulled down to Sturdy, you can gain a speed boost and effectively sweep. Leech Seed and Protect over Ice Beam and Giga Drain on Ludicolo if you're going for a bulky set or switch Rain Dish for Swift Swim and give Ludicolo a Life Orb.

Run Shadow Tag instead of Competitive on Gothitelle so you will have an easier time setting up screens if you make a good switch. Try running Psyshock and Thunder Wave over Thunderbolt and Calm Mind, trust me you will get more out of it. Zoom Lens over Leftovers on Spiritomb if you want to use this strategy. Zoom Lens makes it so that the accuracy of Hypnosis gets boosted by 20%

Allright thanks for your tips, also have a milotic but since i didnt know what to use on it I didnt included it. Think its worth using it? And if so, what set.

Marvel Scale with a physically defensive set running Toxic, Scald, Recover and Dragon Tail

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Ben Drowned - Apr 26, 2015

(Apr 24, 2015, 02:44 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Marvel Scale with a physically defensive set running Toxic, Scald, Recover and Dragon Tail

dude i just got a shiny gible that i got after 93 encounters. what do you suggest for a setup? Im obviously using garchomp. Sand Veil ability

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Marcusube - Apr 26, 2015

93, GREAT MAN! :D

Well if you want to use Garchomp on this team, it might be a difficult fit. What nature did you get it with?

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Ben Drowned - Apr 26, 2015

(Apr 26, 2015, 02:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: 93, GREAT MAN! :D

Well if you want to use Garchomp on this team, it might be a difficult fit. What nature did you get it with?

docile, so nothing is boosted and worsen. I could go for EQ, Rock slide, stealth rock / sandstorm and finaly something dragon? maybe poison jab actually.. what do you say?

RE: What do you guys think? Featuring O.P Spiritomb strategy? - Marcusube - Apr 26, 2015

Oh Docile eyy, probably a Swords Dance set then or a Lead Sash stealth rocker. It all depends on the IVs it got really