Pokemon Forever
[RATE MY TEAM] Team for Nats - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [RATE MY TEAM] Team for Nats (/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-Team-for-Nats)

Pages: 1 2

Team for Nats - SparkyVGC - Jun 1, 2015

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 52 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
(This Outspeeds Heatran.)

Milotic @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 132 HP / 124 Def / 140 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect
(Note: This pokemon survives life orb Thundurus thunderbolt.)

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Protect

RE: Team for Nats - ChaseInfinity - Jun 1, 2015

Since you team is almost purely offensive you may want some type of speed control on your team such as Tailwind on Braviary ( never see a Braviary in comp. don't know how it plays Kappa) , but I guess that gets rip of the point to use the scarf  its, if it's event good trade off, it's a decent team as far as I can see I'm still learning myself at how to build teams but I bet someone ..c..ough..Marc..cough.. Will be here to give it a full evaluation Kappa

RE: Team for Nats - Chimchared7 - Jun 1, 2015

i dont like the choice specs on rotom i would add a sitrus berry and make it more bulky and put choice specs on sylveon change the venasaur evs so its more bulkier

RE: Team for Nats - Marcusube - Jun 1, 2015

I recommend running Tailwind and Protect in place of U-Turn and Rock Slide on Braviary. There will be cases where you won't be able to attack the opponent and Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Thundurus and Terrakion can easily swat you since you can't Protect with Braviary.

You want to distribute the EVs on Rotom-W and give it a Sitrus Berry. The niche of Rotom is to be a bulky offensive support capable of taking hits. The Specs set is best ran on either Rotom-H or Rotom-M. Signal Beam isn't a good move to lock yourself into since the only thing in the format you'll be hitting for super effective is Cresselia and other Psychic types plus Hydro Pump than a super effective Signal Beam.

I'd suggest remaking this Venusaur build with a different EV spread and maybe a different nature as well. Venusaur's niche is to be a bulky tank capable of taking hits, dishing them out accordingly and being the last thing standing.

All EVs need to be a number divisible by 4 so drop that 94 to 92.

For a Metagross build like this, you need to spread the EVs invested in HP into Metagross' defenses. There are certain attacks that you could survive if you put a little less in HP and a bit more in Defense and Spdef.

Your team is very hyper offensive which will put you in a lot of 50/50 situations which isn't how you want to tell people how you lost. You need more Protect, more speed control and better support for your mega such as a Snarl/Intimidate carrier or a status user.

RE: Team for Nats - Slec - Jun 1, 2015

Spreading the bulk will help too, if you go into nationals with a purely offensive team of glass cannons they will eat you alive. Rotom is one of the pokemon is good for its bulk. Not only does it hit hard, but it also can take hits and dish out support moves such as reflect, thunder wave, and will-o-wisp. Venusaur needs bulk because this thing wont die. It can eat every hit under the sun and basically has 2 weaknesses. Swap the band on Terrakion for a lum berry and change quick attack and poison jab to Double kick and Protect. Metagross needs more bulk to be used properly because of its assault vest.

RE: Team for Nats - Marcusube - Jun 1, 2015

(Jun 1, 2015, 09:45 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: Spreading the bulk will help too, if you go into nationals with a purely offensive team of glass cannons they will eat you alive. Rotom is one of the pokemon is good for its bulk. Not only does it hit hard, but it also can take hits and dish out support moves such as reflect, thunder wave, and will-o-wisp. Venusaur needs bulk because this thing wont die. It can eat every hit under the sun and basically has 2 weaknesses. Swap the band on Terrakion for a lum berry and change quick attack and poison jab to Double kick and Protect. Metagross needs more bulk to be used properly because of its assault vest.

Double Kick isn't really needed anymore because Focus Sash Bisharp is becoming less popular and that was the main reason for running it. Quick Guard would be better or maybe even Poison Jab/Stone Edge/Taunt/Roar/Safeguard

RE: Team for Nats - El Miguel VGC - Jun 1, 2015

I like the idea of a generally sweepy team, but some things should be taken into consideration. Speed control, additional defensive investment, and the fact that half your team is choice'd are some of those things. This shouldn't be new info considering other people's earlier responses, but your initial team is a great start, and it would be interesting to see more Braviary at competitions. As a final note, this team does have great type coverage.

RE: Team for Nats - SparkyVGC - Jun 2, 2015

Edit: Updated the team. Rate away.

RE: Team for Nats - Marcusube - Jun 2, 2015

The new team changes are still too hyper offensive. Anything carrying Electric, Ice, Rock or a combination of the three runs shop on your team. Also having this many Choiced Pokemon means that you're going to be spending most of your turns switching meaning that the tide of the battle may most likely be in the opponent's favour.

Practice with your team and put some battle videos from either ORAS/XY or Showdown so we can get a better idea of what your team is trying to achieve

RE: Team for Nats - SparkyVGC - Jun 2, 2015

It is a hyper offensive team. Thats the point.