Pokemon Forever
Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Everything-Else)
+--- Thread: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? (/Thread-Are-you-in-College-High-school-or-already-have-your-life-worked-out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Paulitojr - Nov 27, 2014

I'm a 20 year old 2nd year College student. My major is in Finance.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Clubpenguin796 - Nov 30, 2014

I'm 12 years old, I'm in 7th grade of middle school.

(I'm like the youngest person who watches Justin, or at least I'm his youngest subscriber kappa)

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - thewasher19 - Dec 1, 2014

(Nov 30, 2014, 05:08 PM)Clubpenguin796 Wrote: I'm 12 years old, I'm in 7th grade of middle school.

(I'm like the youngest person who watches Justin, or at least I'm his youngest subscriber  kappa)

And I thought being 14 was too young.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - seabiscuit68 - Dec 1, 2014

(Nov 19, 2014, 09:02 AM)Joushou Wrote: I completed an Associates degree in Baking and Pastries one year after High School because I was interested in that area at the time. I found out that the food industry just sucks in general so I went to a real four year college to complete a Bachelor's degree majoring in Physics. I'm currently a 3rd year student in the program and 21 year old. I tutor several math courses and do work study for the Physics and Engineering department. Right now the plan is to finish the degree and look into becoming a teacher.

You may want to look into the teacher thing now vs. after your degree. If you are in the US, then most [all?] states require you to complete an education program including student teaching. Most people do that at the same time they are getting their other major (aka a double major in Physics and Education).

Though you could always get a Masters in education after your BS in Physics.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Xionyus - Jan 4, 2015

Old thread, but I'm new to these forums so I think I'll bring it back.

I'm 21 and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. In High School I wanted to go to Juilliard and pursue music. Then I realized you don't make money playing an instrument unless you are the best of the best. Then I wanted to do computer repair. When I was 19, I really wanted to help people. I started donating blood more and doing things to help within the community. I wanted to become a Doctor but I was already far behind and I come from a poor white family. Then I said I'd be a Surgical Tech, since there was a year program downtown. I realized I don't want to settle for less. I just want to do Computer Science or IT now.

Also, when I was young all I wanted to do was take Karate. My mom signed me up for a free class at the YMCA and they never called back. I recently emailed this place down the street, a Kung Fu place. It's gotten really great reviews, and if it isn't too expensive, I really want to try it out. It is just something that I've wanted to do since I was young and I feel like if I never at least try then my life won't truly be fulfilled.

Yeah my life isn't worked out at ALL.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Aerialslayer - Jan 15, 2015

I graduated college about 4 years ago. Time goes by way to fast. I am not using my education but I am still currently the first person on my dads side to have graduated college. I do however have an excellent job with a high paying salary but not in my field of study.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - RobinPMC - Jan 15, 2015

Everyone is so smart here

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - jimmmmeny - Jan 15, 2015

i'm 18 and studying biomedical science but i plan to later study medicine and become a doctor working in A&E :]

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - weather - Jan 16, 2015

I recently graduated university with a bachelors degree in programming.
The whole degree was some BS "Bachelor of Interactive Entertainment major in games programming"; Which is pretty much just a glorified object-oriented programming c++ course.
The Uni was terrible but my lecturer was fantastic and made the time worthwhile.

RE: Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out? - Aerialslayer - Jan 27, 2015

(Jan 16, 2015, 06:12 AM)weather Wrote: I recently graduated university with a bachelors degree in programming.
The whole degree was some BS "Bachelor of Interactive Entertainment major in games programming"; Which is pretty much just a glorified object-oriented programming c++ course.
The Uni was terrible but my lecturer was fantastic and made the time worthwhile.

That's awesome. I took programming as well in Highschool and College but decided to not go any further with it. PHP was my nightmare.