Pokemon Forever
JVGC 2016 Idea - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: JVGC 2016 Idea (/Thread-JVGC-2016-Idea)

Pages: 1 2

JVGC 2016 Idea - evilsabre - Aug 3, 2015

Hey guys,

So I've been thinking of creating a pokemon championship for the community the Justin Video Game Championship (JVGC) essentially it will be a series a tournaments over the year (presumably 1 every 2 months but will depends on numbers, fewer people means i will do them more often but since the 64 man tourney hit capacity in 5 mins having no upper limit on entries could make these tourneys massive undertakings). Anyway back on topic the tournaments will earn trainers championship points with the last couple of tournaments giving double points (to help late entrants try and make it). Then at the end of the year a final (world) tournament consisting solely of Bo3's to determine the champion invites to this tourney will be based on championship points.

So why am i asking you guys now and not say in nov/dec when they release the 16 format well i need to get the format of the tourneys organised bearing in mind i need this tourney to be open to any member of the forums meaning in a worst case scenario i could be looking at 1k+ player tourney if the entirety of the twitch chat from justins main stream wanted in (unlikely but possible). therefore i want anyone whose interested at all in this idea to post below. If you want to help organize the tournament i would also like to hear from you below but bear in mind if you volunteer to help you may not be able to enter the tourneys if the numbers are large as i won't be able to solo admin a 128+ player tourney (128 i can prob just about do solo but above that will become a nightmare) so only agree to help me do this if you are happy to lose the ability to enter a couple of the tournaments (maybe even all of them).

So mostly this post is to see if people are interested is this idea for the VGC 16 season so please post below if you are interested and especially if you would like to help organize it. Assuming people are i will start creating potential tourney formats over the next month or so.

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - ChaseInfinity - Aug 3, 2015

i thinks its an awesome idea i was think of something similar to this a little while back, id love to help if you need

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - Podfighterninja123 - Aug 3, 2015

interesting idea, im in i guess :P

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - Kiingah - Aug 3, 2015

i would like to enter this league

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - Black117 - Aug 3, 2015

Hey EvilSabre if you need any help I'm am willing to help out with with your idea since its a great idea to host more tourneys here anyways. I guess we just need a way to format the whole tourney system since this is kinda of a big undertaking and surely you might need help. If you want we can base the tourneys on the actual VGC system and just scale them out. Feel Free to pm me about this since I've thought about this for awhile now.

PS: I will take the cup Kappa

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - StormInAJar - Aug 3, 2015

I would be more than happy to lend support to this idea in any way I can! Organization, maintenance, or anything, I wouldn't mind missing out to help with such a cool event! :D

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - Luisito - Aug 3, 2015

I will be happy to help. :P

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - AbruptFury - Aug 3, 2015

I like this idea Smile

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - evilsabre - Aug 4, 2015

Thanks guys for all the offers of help glad so many of you are expressing a interest, i know this is a huge undertaking but i plan to spend some time over the next couple of months creating the format so its actually somewhat doable online. I think the finals will be a set-up similar to words but with some differences.

My plan for the finals would be to have the top x (4, 8, 16 or 32 depending on numbers) trainers on the championship points ladder get seeded positions to the finals knockout stage. The next 2x trainers would enter a swiss round tournament and at the end of that the top 50% would fill the remaining unseeded positions in the finals. This way seeds kind of matter as it means if your the number 1 seed you won't meet the number 2 or 3 to till the final. Note all games in the knockout stage would be Bo3.

Its just the regular tournaments i need to plan for accordingly since i have no control over how many people can enter it would most likely consist of a huge swiss round(s) or several small 1's to cut numbers to knockout levels . But i want to gauge interest etc for this in advance so i can hopefully use a format and make it scalable but designed for the numbers who want to go.

RE: JVGC 2016 Idea - Exthaurius - Aug 4, 2015

I would love to help with this!