Pokemon Forever
[ORAS TUTORIAL] How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Pokemon Guides & Tutorials (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-Guides-Tutorials)
+--- Thread: [ORAS TUTORIAL] How to Find Shiny Pokemon (/Thread-ORAS-TUTORIAL-How-to-Find-Shiny-Pokemon)

Pages: 1 2

How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Justin - Nov 24, 2014

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - UndyingUmbreon - Nov 24, 2014

I really really hope this is a thing

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Joushou - Nov 24, 2014

I'd like it if this were true. I don't think it's right to put out a video claiming that this is a method to catch shiny Pokemon when there is little to no evidence to support the argument. To me this video borders on the line of exploiting speculation even though I know that wasn't what Justin had in mind. If the video wasn't called "How to Find Shiny Pokemon" but "A Possible Method of Finding Shiny Pokemon" I wouldn't have any problems with it. I just wanted to put this out there as constructive criticism.

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Boomgrowl - Nov 24, 2014

(Nov 24, 2014, 09:54 PM)Joushou Wrote: I'd like it if this were true. I don't think it's right to put out a video claiming that this is a method to catch shiny Pokemon when there is little to no evidence to support the argument. To me this video borders on the line of exploiting speculation even though I know that wasn't what Justin had in mind. If the video wasn't called "How to Find Shiny Pokemon" but "A Possible Method of Finding Shiny Pokemon" I wouldn't have any problems with it. I just wanted to put this out there as constructive criticism.

Yeah he makes it pretty clear at the start that it is not proven yet.

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - N_Nonymous - Nov 25, 2014

This is probably just as important. You can also find Pokemon with the Hidden abilities which is important for the Upcoming VGC

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Chrome - Nov 25, 2014

(Nov 24, 2014, 09:54 PM)Joushou Wrote: I'd like it if this were true. I don't think it's right to put out a video claiming that this is a method to catch shiny Pokemon when there is little to no evidence to support the argument. To me this video borders on the line of exploiting speculation even though I know that wasn't what Justin had in mind. If the video wasn't called "How to Find Shiny Pokemon" but "A Possible Method of Finding Shiny Pokemon" I wouldn't have any problems with it. I just wanted to put this out there as constructive criticism.

I get what you're saying and I agree it probably should've been called something a bit different as to not get people overly excited but I don't think it's a huge deal. Within thirty seconds you can tell it is not a tried and true method yet, just theoretical. Although it does seem to most likely be the method, as several people have reported finding a shiny by "chaining" with the DexNav. Only time will tell!

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - vahndeathheart - Nov 25, 2014

My question is if you sweet scent to get your count up would that make a difference, because i know that the increase in levels. shows more information and also increases the iv through potential, better items, and egg moves.

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Joushou - Nov 25, 2014

(Nov 25, 2014, 05:32 AM)Chrome Wrote:

I get what you're saying and I agree it probably should've been called something a bit different as to not get people overly excited but I don't think it's a huge deal.  Within thirty seconds you can tell it is not a tried and true method yet, just theoretical.  Although it does seem to most likely be the method, as several people have reported finding a shiny by "chaining" with the DexNav.  Only time will tell!

Yes, I know he mentions it soon after the video starts. We already follow Justin pretty closely so we don't mind that sort of thing but to new followers and people who don't know him that watch the video it may come across the wrong way. I wanted to point that out is all. As to whether the method works, I would certainly be compelled to believe in it but after only a few days there is not enough evidence to support the theory conclusively. The same thing happened in X and Y with the tipping theory. People would claim that it increased the odds of finding shiny Pokemon with no conclusive evidence and it was eventually disregarded as a legitimate theory. That's why I wouldn't mark this off as a true shiny hunting method yet. Sorry if this comes across as sassy or argumentative.

(Nov 25, 2014, 07:38 AM)vahndeathheart Wrote: My question is if you sweet scent to get your count up would that make a difference, because i know that the increase in levels. shows more information and also increases the iv through potential, better items, and egg moves.

My guess is that if this method DOES indeed work, it will work like shiny chaining where you will simply have to search for the Pokemon, faint it, and search again until you find your shiny Pokemon. Running off of that speculation, horde encounters would not help find the shiny itself but would raise the search level to help with locating the Pokemon and identifying its traits.

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Paulitojr - Nov 25, 2014

I've been trying this all day today. Haven't had any luck although I think I might be messing something up or probably just missing something.

RE: How to Find Shiny Pokemon - Pokélander - Nov 30, 2014

Just so you guys know I will be posting th true method to chaining without fail. I have the secret sauce and its time to share it.