Pokemon Forever
[RATE MY TEAM] I need your help for my team :) - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [RATE MY TEAM] I need your help for my team :) (/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-I-need-your-help-for-my-team)

Pages: 1 2

I need your help for my team :) - belmont08 - Oct 30, 2015

Hi to all, how are you ? listen i need your help for this topic please. Im going to participate in a tournament with basic rules.
1: First of all is going to be 6 vs 6 battle.
2: A pokemon cant have duplicate items
3: No mega evolution allowed
4: Only pokemons from Johto region (152-251 in the national pokedex)
5: Legendarys are not allowed.
6: Direct elimination system.

I train at least Eight pokemons from johto but i can only use six in the battle. I want you to help me to create a balanced team with the pokemons that i had or sugest me a new one for the team. Those are all the pokemons that i had in mind.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 256 Sp. Def
Calm Nature

- Feather dance
- Calm mid
- Roost
- Moonlight

Well the basic in this set is to use the eviolite to make Murkrow really tanky, he also has prankster wich mind he will always is going to attack first if he use a non damage move. I like this move set because Murkrow can calm mind first against this anoying special pokemons or feather dance attackers before they even attack so this is really good. Murkrow are going to use roost for sustain and snarl is my choise for this because this move always is going to lower the sp att by 1, if i calm mind and then use snarl you are going to be a really tanky pokemon and perhaps force a swich. Im thinking him as my lead.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Keen eye
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def
Impish Nature

- Roost
- Wirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Skarmory are going to be the mega annoying spike pokemon, im going to use him to mining all the board and then wirlwind as much pokemons as i can. One of Skarmory weakness are the special attackers and the taunt move (this one could be his end if he is the last pokemon standing), but the main idea here is to trap the board as soon as possible and try to swich him out for a possible rapid spinner in the future. Roost is going to help Skarmory to sustain.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature

- Curse
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Payback

This is one of the basics movesets of umbreon. Umbreon is extremely tanky and if he is used correctly may be a monster in the pich. Curse are going to be the main strategy, curse as much as you can and then payback all the pokemons because you are going to be the last one attacking. Umbreon also has toxic to annoy non steal type pokemons or inmunity pokemons. Moonlight for sustain. He could be a really good tank and has tons of utility.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 56 SpD
Modest Nature

- Surf
- Ice beam
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Kingdra is the king of rain, Kingdra can outspeed almost any pokemon in rain and has a movepool that can be really relaible with rain. I choose surf over hydro pump because the stability of the move, ice beam for grass/dragon/earth, etc for more coverage and draco meteor to burst low healt sweepers, finally protect. I'll going to use him as my main sweeper and trying to outdamage as most as i can.

Politoed @ Damn Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Att
Modest Nature

- Scald
- Ice beam
- Psychic
- Protect

Politoed are going to be the rain man, his ability are going to give me 8 turns of rain. First of all scald because his 30% chance to burn a pokemon, in rain this will be an amazing move and is going to have 120 base power. Psychic because can help me to clean treats like crobat (is going to be one of the most usable pokemons) and give me a lot of coverage. Finally protect to use it in the first turn and see what he do or what he brought to the battlefield.

Typholison @ Choise Scarf.
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp. Att / 252 SpD
Modest Nature

- Eruption
- Fire blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden power: Grass

This could be irrelevant since im going to use the rain as my first offence treat. But i can use him at the end of the first of the battle to damage as much pokemon that i can. First of all Typholison secret weapon. Eruption. This will be the bread and butter of typholison because the choise scarf are going to help him to outspeed any pokemon and hit that amazing 150 base power move, if a rock, fire or water pokemon appears i can swich him off and try to use it latter when the rain is not in the field. Extrasensory are going to be another stab move, treats like crobat are going to be suffering with this move and my choise scarf. Fire blast is going to be use when his hit points are low combined with his blaze ability. Finally HP grass, for water and rock types like donphan or ferraligart.

Miltank @ Assault vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att
Adamant Nature

- Milk drink
- Body Slam
- Attract
- Fire punch

Ohhh miltank, one of my favorites pokemons and in my opinion one of the most understimated pokemon in the world. This set is based in WITHNEY (Gym leader in Johto) and i find it really relaiable. Normal pokemons only had one weakness one inmunity and two resistances. With this moveset a lot of her problems are going to be solved. First of all Miltank ability scrappy are going to allow me to hit ghost type pokemons with normal and fighting moves. Body slam over return because body slam help me to hit minimize targets and give me a 30% chance to paralyze the target. Attract is going to be really usefull to free attack all the male pokemons. Milk drink to sustain and Fire puch for Stelix, scizor and coverage.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Sp. Def
Calm Nature

- Synthesis
- Aromaterapy
- Lech seed
- Toxic/ Energy ball / Light screen

Meganium is another understimated pokemon and i dont see why, he can be a really good support and has an amazing move pool. Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions for Meganium and its teammates, making it a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Energy ball to cover water, rock and ground pokemons like ferraligart, donphan, quagsire, etc. Lech seed + leftovers are an amazing combo, it could work and heal meganium a lot.

I dont now if i miss something and if you could give me a little advise about the current squad will be the best. I dont now what should be the team since i had 8 pokemons and only alow me to enter 6. Thanks a lot to take a time to read this and any advise will help me a lot (Including new pokemons to train). PD (sorry my english im from Colombia xD)

RE: I need your help for my team :) - bradar485 - Oct 30, 2015

I'm not trying to be a hater but this is a little hard to read
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTANT-Competitive-Discussion-Rules-Guidelines-MUST-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-A-BUILD

That link should show you what format to put it in. I'll look over it and give my opinion but I'd recommend editing before you get a huge string of people saying the same thing I just did.

RE: I need your help for my team :) - bradar485 - Oct 30, 2015

Also, is it johto pokemon only? Like just the 2cnd generation guys or is it the johto pokedex as a whole?

RE: I need your help for my team :) - Marcusube - Oct 30, 2015

Fix your post first please by putting your builds for each Pokemon in the showdown format. What you have now is tedious to read

RE: I need your help for my team :) - GiMYz - Oct 30, 2015

Wait, why are you using 9 pokemon? Which format are you talking about? (Singles, Smogon Singles, Smogon Doubles, VGC..??)

RE: I need your help for my team :) - belmont08 - Oct 31, 2015

(Oct 30, 2015, 06:09 PM)bradar485 Wrote: I'm not trying to be a hater but this is a little hard to read
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTANT-Competitive-Discussion-Rules-Guidelines-MUST-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-A-BUILD

That link should show you what format to put it in. I'll look over it and give my opinion but I'd recommend editing before you get a huge string of people saying the same thing I just did.

Yea you are right and im sorry to post this like this. I alredy update it based in the article you give me and i hope you can read it easily. Thank you for your time. (PD. The only thing missing is the picture of the pokemons because i dont now how to do it. xD)

(Oct 30, 2015, 06:32 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Fix your post first please by putting your builds for each Pokemon in the showdown format. What you have now is tedious to read

Im sorry about the problems and i already fix it, that was the best i can do because im new and ill try to improve a lot more. Thank you for your time and i hope you can read the new one.

(Oct 30, 2015, 06:49 PM)GMX Wrote: Wait, why are you using 9 pokemon? Which format are you talking about? (Singles, Smogon Singles, Smogon Doubles, VGC..??)

You're right i dont explain my post to the best, but i alredy fix it and i apologies for the last post. Hope you can read it now and give me your oppinion Smile

RE: I need your help for my team :) - bradar485 - Oct 31, 2015

That's a lot better. I would say Politoed and kingdra are a lock for what you have. Sneasel is from that gen. Maybe with a focus sash with fake out support, priority ice and knock off it can help them.

I like murkrow but why put calm mind on it?
I'd go with like.... taunt/tailwind/feather dance...Maybe captivate? It gets pursuit and sucker punch and foul play as stab damage options. Moon light probably works on it though.

Skarmory probably would do well when paired in the rain too, but you need to watch your electric weakness at this point so maybe the meganium could do some work for you and serve as a cleric. Donphan, gligar, piloswine and quagsire have potential cause a ground type would work well with the guys I've mentioned so far.

That's all I got for now

RE: I need your help for my team :) - Marcusube - Nov 1, 2015

To be honest, the 8 Pokemon you listed all go under different types of teams. Kingdra and Politoed work in Rain but they hinder Typhlosion, Typhlosion requires the help of a Defogger and Wish passer as well as offensive support which all the other mons you listed lack. It'd be best if you start from the drawing board and breed more Pokemon.

Here are some ideas for teams you could try:

Scizor, Politoed, Kingdra, Lanturn, Slowking, Togetic

Politoed @ Damp Rock  
Ability: Drizzle  
EVs: 244 HP / 164 SpD / 100 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Scald  
- Toxic  
- Ice Beam  
- Rest  

Kingdra @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Swift Swim  
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Draco Meteor  
- Scald  
- Ice Beam  

Scizor @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Defog  
- Bullet Punch  
- Roost  
- U-turn  

Lanturn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Volt Absorb  
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 4 SpA / 208 SpD / 40 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Scald  
- Volt Switch  
- Heal Bell  
- Thunder Wave  

Slowking @ Leftovers  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Scald  
- Slack Off  
- Psychic  
- Dragon Tail  

Togetic @ Eviolite  
Ability: Serene Grace  
Bold Nature  
- Wish  
- Protect  
- Fire Blast  
- Dazzling Gleam  

Typhlosion, Hitmontop, Meganium, Skarmory, Sneasel, Quagsire

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Eruption  
- Fire Blast  
- Focus Blast  
- Hidden Power [Grass]  

Hitmontop @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Close Combat  
- Foresight  
- Toxic  

Meganium @ Big Root  
Ability: Overgrow  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Aromatherapy  
- Synthesis  
- Giga Drain  
- Dragon Tail  

Skarmory @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Roost  
- Spikes  
- Brave Bird  
- Whirlwind  

Quagsire @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Unaware  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
- Toxic  
- Scald  
- Earthquake  
- Recover  

Sneasel @ Life Orb  
Ability: Pickpocket  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Crash  
- Ice Shard  
- Knock Off  
- Pursuit  

Miltank, Heracross, Steelix, Ampharos, Gligar, Feraligatr

Miltank @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Heal Bell  
- Thunder Wave  
- Seismic Toss  
- Milk Drink  

Heracross @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Moxie  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Megahorn  
- Knock Off  
- Stone Edge  

Steelix @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Heavy Slam  
- Earthquake  
- Stealth Rock  
- Toxic  

Ampharos @ Leftovers  
Ability: Static  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  

Gligar @ Eviolite  
Ability: Hyper Cutter  
Impish Nature  
- Roost  
- Earthquake  
- Defog  
- U-turn  

Feraligatr @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Ice Punch  
- Waterfall  
- Crunch  

These teams are some you can sample and if you like 'em, breed 'em!

I hope I was able to assist you Smile