Pokemon Forever
[REQUEST] Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [REQUEST] Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! (/Thread-REQUEST-Let-s-make-a-Mega-Charizard-Y-team)

Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Marcusube - Nov 29, 2015

What's up JFlynnites! Mega Charizard is one of the top mega evolutions in the VGC'15 metagame and I want to experiment with it, specifically for this reason

124+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Sun: 168-198 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Okay, not really Kappa

I just want to become more acquainted with the fiery lizard and how it functions in VGC. I have this core so far

Igneel (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Level: 50
EVs: 124 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Tailwind

The idea here is I want to run a Modest Charizard Y for maximum attack power. As for speed, probably to outspeed AV Landorus-T Jolly/Adamant by 1 point or maybe just Jolly Breloom, I don't know. Fire Blast does insane damage and I value power over accuracy here, Heat Wave is good spread damage and I need Protect to keep Zard out of danger. As for the last move, Tailwind is a filler basically. I don't feel I need Solar Beam, HP Ground would be nice for Heatran or maybe HP Ice for Mence and Landorus. I really don't know :s

Black Doom (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This Greninja is to take out the bulky water types that wall Charizard, Terrakion, Landorus-T, dragons, Heatran, Aegislash, Bisharp, among any other Pokemon that takes super effective damage from these moves. HP Ground has a utility to make Greninja immune to Electric moves in particular Thunder Wave. I was thinking of running a Pledge combination with Charizard Y but the sun might contradict this goal

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

I'd lead this with Charizard Y to immediately nuke something that threatens Charizard. Hyper Beam boosted by Solar Power does a huge amount of damage, almost as much as Sylveon's Hyper Beam which is really nice. Plus Hyper Beam hits more for neutral than a Pixilated one

Harime Nui (Sylveon) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Helping Hand

Sylveon is here to partner with Charizard Y and spam spread moves. Helping Hand allows it to support the other team members by allowing them to pick up more OHKOs

What I need from you guys is suggestions for the last two members, probably tweaks to existing movesets, nicknames and any crazy gimmicks you can think off (like maybe Round Greninja with Sylveon or Parabolic Charge Heliolisk with M-Sceptile dual mega team).

Thanks for reading this post and don't be afraid to contribute! All criticism is invited! Smile

RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Slec - Nov 30, 2015

ITS TIME TO CRITICIZE.... Kappa

Anyways looking at your team at the moment I see a weakness to rock and a lack of physical attackers, so Bisharp is looking good here.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

As for Sylveon, bulk is really nice here since its a support set. I suggest using alot more Physical defense rather tan SpDef due to Sylveon's natural special bulk.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 140 SpA / 12 SpD / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Helping Hand
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Shout out to Aaron Zheng KappaHD

Bopper's Charizard is currently the best in the Meta considering it can live rock slides and still dish out loads of damage.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
– Flamethrower/Heat Wave
– Tailwind/HP Ground/Overheat
– Solar Beam
– Protect

As for the last pokemon, you have many options.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 68 SpA / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gastrodon helps out with your lack of water and also puts you into good position resisting rock, fire, and electric (things you dont have coverage for) as you can see here: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y|658|695|700|625|423

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 HP / 140 Atk / 12 Def / 108 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Landorus works here as well considering you have only 1 other Physical attacker. This can help you with not only immunity to electric, but also having it around t dish out some intimidates to threats such as Kang, Salamence, and Terrakion, Including other Landorus

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn helps for straight up bulk and steel pressure for fairies, it also helps that it can be used to counter Swampert and Gastrodon.

Well thats all i got for now, good luck building dude! B)

RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Marcusube - Nov 30, 2015

Thanks, Mudkip :D

Ferrothorn sounds like a good idea for the last slot so I'll be using it to make a FWG defensive core with Zard-Y and Greninja.

Not sure if I'm feeling Bisharp though. It does tank out Rock Slides but the mons with Rock moves also possess SuperPower, Close Combat or Earthquake so I don't think it'd help that much here especially the Focus Sash variant due to its low damage output (without the Defiant boost of course)

I'm thinking of Conkeldurr or Machamp for the final spot. Your thoughts?

Sitrus/Lum Conkeldurr with Wide Guard to stop spread moves seems like a good idea or maybe just all out offense with Assault Vest. I like Machamp a bit more due to its access to Close Combat and it also has No Guard Stone Edge which is pretty handy for taking down Thundurus who pressures this team greatly.

In the past I've had success with Conkeldurr/Sylveon cores but I really want to hear your advice (not just Mudkip's but everyone elses)

RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Slec - Dec 1, 2015

(Nov 30, 2015, 03:13 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Thanks, Mudkip :D

Ferrothorn sounds like a good idea for the last slot so I'll be using it to make a FWG defensive core with Zard-Y and Greninja.

Not sure if I'm feeling Bisharp though. It does tank out Rock Slides but the mons with Rock moves also possess SuperPower, Close Combat or Earthquake so I don't think it'd help that much here especially the Focus Sash variant due to its low damage output (without the Defiant boost of course)

Sitrus/Lum Conkeldurr with Wide Guard to stop spread moves seems like a good idea or maybe just all out offense with Assault Vest. I like Machamp a bit more due to its access to Close Combat and it also has No Guard Stone Edge which is pretty handy for taking down Thundurus who pressures this team greatly.

In the past I've had success with Conkeldurr/Sylveon cores but I really want to hear your advice (not just Mudkip's but everyone elses)

Looks like youre only getting my advice Kappa

But for real, if youre going the wide guard route, i suggest Machamp considering Conk really only benefits from Assault Vest. Personally I would rather use Aegislash or Swampert for a wide guard user, but the choice us yours

RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - tygaa2 - Dec 1, 2015

I have the most trouble playing vs Char Y teams that include Sylveon and Scarf Jolly Mamoswine. Most teams rely on Rock Slide to beat Char Y and both of these Pokemon preform well vs the common Rock Slide users (Lando, TTar, Terrakion)

RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - Marcusube - Dec 1, 2015

(Dec 1, 2015, 04:18 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: I have the most trouble playing vs Char Y teams that include Sylveon and Scarf Jolly Mamoswine. Most teams rely on Rock Slide to beat Char Y and both of these Pokemon preform well vs the common Rock Slide users (Lando, TTar, Terrakion)

I'm digging the Mamoswine idea. But then again, that's another Fighting weakness and the present defensive core can't handle pressure from mainly Terrakion.

(Dec 1, 2015, 12:17 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote:
(Nov 30, 2015, 03:13 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Thanks, Mudkip :D

Looks like youre only getting my advice Kappa

But for real, if youre going the wide guard route, i suggest Machamp considering Conk really only benefits from Assault Vest. Personally I would rather use Aegislash or Swampert for a wide guard user, but the choice us yours

Swampert sounds nice! Aegislash too! Smile