Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] (yet incomplete) Team built around Trevenant and Trick-Room
Thanks for the stats! That was really useful.
Before I get into damage calculations, here is a short overview of team members I think of including

Trevenant @ Sitrus/Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
Level: 50
EVs: unclear, probably as bulky as possible with some Att investment 0 SPE IVs
unclear Nature
- Trick-Room
- Horn Leech/Poison-Jab
- Forest's Curse (support for legendaries)/ ?
- Protect/Rest

Trevenant would start the battle and set up Trick-Room as fast as possible. Ice Beam from Kyogre leads would shut down the whole team, though, I'm afraid.

Machamp @ Lum/Sitrus Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Att / 68 DEF 0 SPE IVs
Brave Nature
- Quick Guard (support for Trevenant to set-up Trick-Room)
- Ice Punch (Flying Type coverage)
- Dynamic Punch (Confusion)
- Protect

He's there to basically ensure Trevenant gets at least the Trick-Room to go and at the same time can hit quite hard against Flying Types and can confuse Kangaskhan and anyone else, besides Ghost Pokemon.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpD 0 SPE IVs
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

It was suggested in the statistics for Trevenant usage and I think that its slow speed makes it perfect on a Trick-Room team, plus the cover for Xerneas (not sure if enough) and Play Rough for opposing Dragons. Sucker Punch is probably more situational.

Yveltal @ Weakness Policy/Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: unclear - especially because it's a Trick-Room team
unclear Nature
- Dark Pulse/Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing
- Snarl / Tailwind / Foul Play / Sucker Punch
- Protect

Gives Mawile a boost for Sucker Punch and should somehow work with Groudon, probably with Tailwind in a mixed Trick-Room team although I don't know how viable mixed Trick-Room teams are. Oblivion Wing is obvious and Dark Pulse or Knock Off to complement the boost of Dark Aura. Could trouble Kyogre with the right spread.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: unclear wether Physical or Special spread
unclear Nature
- Precipice Blade
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Overheat / Fire Punch
- Protect / Roar

The most puzzling entry for me in this incomplete team so far, but it works great with Yveltal as a partner to speed-up against slower Groudons and Xerneas perhaps. The physical build looks not quite feasible to me, because there are too many phyiscal attackers already, and Fire Punch wouldn't deal out enough damage, I feel. Precipice Blade is wonderful though, as it doesn't hit your team partner (in case it's not Yveltal anymore). Roar could be also a nice defence mechanism against charging Xerneas opponents and anything that I'm not prepared for.

General:

This team is very Physical Attack heavy and doesn't contain a Special Attacker and is weak to Special Attacking Pokemon especially.
Probably I will need a second Trick-Room set up (Aromatisse perhaps??), as well in the very plausible case that Trevenant won't make it all too often. If I go with a mixed team that might not even be necessary though.
It also lacks a 6th member. This is where my creativity fails me and lack of experience comes to truth. Any ideas?
Don't know what Clefairy and Landorus-Therian would do in this team (as the above stats showed as potential team members)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to build a viable Forest's Curse team - by marumaruko - Mar 28, 2016, 04:12 PM