Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help Me With Triples (Unova Classic)
If your objective is to learn about Triples then I'd suggest doing some experimentation on the Battlespot or Pokemon Showdown ladder to get some first hand inspiration. Remember, at this stage your objective isn't to win, it's to learn. Unfamiliarity with the meta already puts you at a disadvantage. With that being said, the most I can tell you is that birdspam is your friend in this format as is the use of reliable spread moves. Flying attacks aren't limited to adjacent opponents so you immediately have the option of running a Rain team around Tornadus-Therian or Swanna, both of which are proficient Hurricane users. For a sun team, Ninetales plus Cherrim pretty much means havoc with the attack boost given from Flower Gift when Cherrim is in the sun. This attack boost goes to all your allies so from here you can even consider running a fast physical attacker such as Tauros, Sawk, Heracross, Gallade etc. to take advantage of this or you can be generic and run a simple Chlorophyll/Solar Power reliant sun team. Right now I'd even say weather is your best bet as it gives you advantageous matchups against the most likely centralizing forces, those being Landorus, Thundurus, Latios, Zapdos, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Gengar, Scrafty and many more.

There are other gimmicks such as Frost Breath unto an ally that has the ability Anger Point which pushes them to +6 attack, causing them to fire off extremely power attacks. To be honest, it's all up to you what you want to do to play in this competition because there isn't any solid format that's current and playing against the meta isn't as effective as using the limitations of the meta to formulate an immaculate strategy

TL;DR

Practice on the Triples ladder with random teams until you find something you like then start a discussion as to how to improve on it

Messages In This Thread
Help Me With Triples (Unova Classic) - by Allegro - Aug 22, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Help Me With Triples (Unova Classic) - by Marcusube - Aug 22, 2016, 08:22 PM