(Aug 23, 2016, 12:37 AM)Allegro Wrote: @Marcusube
I could also do:

Politoed
Ludicolo
Kingdra
Arcanine
Toxicroak
Scizor

These Pokemon work well together on the Triples Ladder. Scizor is a Fast Physical Attacker that works especially well with Ludicolo. Arcanine with Extreme Speed and Wild Charge can help damage Pokémon that can give the core of Politoed and Ludicolo trouble. Toxicroak can use Feint to damage Protect Users, and wear down Pokémon with Gunk Shot. Kingdra is of course benefitted by Swift Swim and can knock out many Pokemon, and assist with Dragon Types.

Politoed, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Gothitelle, Raichu/Thundurus and Ferrothorn is also an option as Gothitelle can trap the opponent with Shadow Tag and since Politoed gets Perish Song you can use it as a last ditch effort to win a game. Its also worth noting that Kingdra gets Disable and Politoed gets Encore meaning you can immediately shut down a Pokemon and if you have all three on the field, the opponent pretty much has no answer for you. Raichu is good for preventing paralysis via electric attacks plus it provides speed control with Nuzzle/Thunder Wave and carries coverage to combat opposing Water types. Thundurus gets Prankster so it can cripple the opponents speed and fire off priority Taunts to prevent the opponent from spamming Wide Guard, Protect or even Tailwind and Trick Room. Ferrothorn is a solid answer to Fairy and Dragon types as well as opposing weather teams that aren't Sun.

Not sure how I feel about Toxicroak seeing as how it generally needs an attack stat boost to put in work due to its mediocre attack stat and its most reliable Fighting STAB does 75 damage. It works in rain but probably not in Triples. Arcanine in the rain is also unable to pick up KOs with Flare Blitz due to the attack drop from the weather condition and is also unable to fully recover its HP with Morning Sun for the same reason. It really doesn't shine in the rain.

Messages In This Thread
Help Me With Triples (Unova Classic) - by Allegro - Aug 22, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Help Me With Triples (Unova Classic) - by Marcusube - Aug 23, 2016, 04:23 AM