Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon tournament combo's and setups!
(Sep 29, 2016, 05:40 AM)Black117 Wrote: Might be a blunt or harsh about this, but this is something I need to address.

The problem with certain gimmicks strategies like these is you are wasting so much time and resources to even attempt to get 1 faints against the opposing team. By the time Snorlax, or Porygon Z has managed to get a Fissure successfully, it will be too late to win the battle. As Elm mention, VGC Doubles is incredibly fast-past and players have to score kills/faints before the timer ends (15 mins / 30 mins), or if their own opponent gets the initiative. If you are interested in looking at successful VGC teams, individual Pokemon, and cores, highly suggest to do research and visit multiple sites such as Nugget Bridge, Smogon, or even here at Forever.

At the moment we don't know what format will be the VGC 17, but I recommend to start preparing and review some Pokemon from previous years. If we had to "guess" the format, it will likely be based on the regional "Alola" Dex to showcase the Pokemon available in the play-through before the post game. Tapo Koko an its other members might be the only "legends" in this format so guess you can look forward to that. Regarding Megas, I'm not certain if TCPi will incooperate bans against certain Megas, but its possible (also they are kinda confirmed in the game at this point).

Any further advice I'd say is to look at some of the stronger Pokemon in both VGC and Singles work with them first. Obviously some players want to work with their favorites, but at least they have to know what those high ranked, or viable Pokemon do.
ok thx for the feedback!

Messages In This Thread
Pokemon tournament combo's and setups! - by Kay2453 - Sep 28, 2016, 06:49 AM
RE: Pokemon tournament combo's and setups! - by Apo - Sep 28, 2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Pokemon tournament combo's and setups! - by Kay2453 - Sep 29, 2016, 06:18 AM