Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Are these two pokemon a good base for a smogon OU team?
@Marcusube You made a lot of good points in your previous message, but I would like to point out some stuff:

1- While I agree U-Turn isn't run on a ton of Pokémon, Landorus-T, being the most used user of this move, is literally on over 1/3 OR/AS OU teams, and thus this definitely shouldn't be neglected.

2- You mentioned quite a few Pokémon in your brief analysis to show the synergy of this core, but some of them are not checked at all by either of these: Keldeo (the most common set being Specs) wears down Tangrowth a lot, and without AV it isn't a good check at all.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 244 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 286-338 (71.1 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 244 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 213-252 (52.9 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 244 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 155-183 (38.5 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (not taking the chance to burn into account).

Keep in mind I din't take any hazards into account.

Also, Azumarill kills Tangrowth with Play Rough after a Belly Drum, which is the most common (and best) set atm.

3- You said that the shared weaknesses didn't matter too much if headed towards an offensive team, but Tangrowth only works well with Balance and Bulky Offense. While the last playstyle mentioned is offensive, sharing weaknesses is very, very bad for there kind of teams since they already get worn down easily and are generally slower.

Overall, I might have been a bit harsh towards that core, but I stand by what I said.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are these two pokemon a good base for a smogon OU team? - by croissant - Nov 14, 2016, 06:02 PM