Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert!
Just thought i'd share a couple of calcs i was doing with mega swampert vs mega sceptile matchup

Regardless of ev spread both can OHKO the other with ice punch or giga drain/leafstorm respectively.
Rain is required to be in play for mega swampert to even have a chance.

As a result speed becomes the key stat in the matchup:

A mega swampert with 152 evs in speed will always move first under rain assuming no trick room or speed modifiers.
A mega swampert with 76 evs in speed will outspeed a modest mega sceptile under rain but will be outsped by a timid mega sceptile.

Interesting facts:

Since mega beedrill shares the same speed stat as mega sceptile but can only 2HKO swampert with x scissor while swampert can score a 1HKO with either waterfall (with or without rain) or earthquake (in either singles or doubles).

The mega scalamence into mega swampert is interesting if you can get mega swamp in prior to a dragon dance set up you will have a 1HKO and outspeed under rain however after dragon dance return will has a 31-81% chance of 1HKO on swampert with the 152 in speed build or a 12-69% chance on the 108 in speed build (both get outsped by mega salamence after the dragon dance).

So far i'm struggling to find anything that can revenge kill a mega swampert under the rain except a already mega evolved alakazam or a trace gardevoir since it will trace your swift swim and both can carry energy ball.

I think the best way to describe mega swampert is to describe him like bruce banner/the hulk without rain he's good but has to play smart in order to not get beaten up, in rain he really becomes the hulk and obliterates near enough anything.

Edit:

What i'm thinking of running:

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Protect/Rain Dance/Superpower

Alternative EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe (bulkier but can be outsped by several pokemon including Mega Sceptile under rain)

Messages In This Thread
Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert! - by Rogue - Nov 2, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert! - by Justin - Nov 3, 2014, 01:41 AM
RE: Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert! - by Rogue - Nov 4, 2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert! - by Justin - Nov 14, 2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Mega Spotlight: Mega Swampert! - by evilsabre - Nov 10, 2014, 04:51 PM