Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Arcanine Moveset - Special Attacker/Support
(Jan 21, 2015, 08:31 PM)Marcusube Wrote: First of all, I must say you have an outstanding team. Your Arcanine build seems to be pulling in the wins, especially with Snarl. Fantastic build, my only questions are why Focus Sash and not Leftovers and why max out speed instead of investing more EVs into bulk seeing as how Arcanine is slower than the common threats that are in higher speed tiers

Thanks so much, I've been working on this team for a few weeks now and am glad with the results. The main reason I keep the sash is to prevent the OHKO from special threats, especially water types. Most special attacking water types easily get the KO and I want to be sure to get off two Snarls to make sure my next poke coming in has the best possible set up. Especially when it comes to rain teams that run swift swim and end up outspeeding Arcanine when normally they wouldn't, and also get the water boost.
You make a good point on the speed comment though, as I haven't tested a bulkier build to see how the drop in speed affects him in relation to other threats, I am just unsure from lack of testing how it would affect his order.

Again, thanks for taking the time to check out my build.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Jan 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Marcusube - Jan 21, 2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Jan 21, 2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Justin - Feb 2, 2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 3, 2015, 08:23 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by AbruptFury - Feb 3, 2015, 08:39 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Feb 4, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 4, 2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 4, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Feb 5, 2015, 07:06 AM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 5, 2015, 04:46 PM