Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Arcanine Moveset - Special Attacker/Support
(Feb 4, 2015, 07:47 AM)Cobb Wrote: Some of the benefit to this Arcanine is that it is not running a physical attacking build. A majority of the arcane being run now are built as physical, flare blitz, wild charge and the like. A good deal of the benefit comes from the surprise of a special attacker with wide hitting moves.

This was built with the current meta-game being taken into account. I don't know about you, but in my testing I saw one, maybe two, hitmontop in the dozens of battles on Showdown I had, and the fact that this is a VGC set, if you see a hitmontop it is a very easy solution--don't bring Arcanine. Super simple. Hitmontop was far more prominent in VGC14 than it is now.

You can find flaws with any poke, something is going to counter it, but that is what teammates are for in VGC, and the ability to select 4 out of 6.

And in response to the post about switching to the other support build, I know there is already a support set, which is why I didn't post a build that was the exact same! This is another option. That's the point. This Arcanine has its place, and primarily it is on an Intimidate team, with the ability to fit into a support niche for many teams that may need the opponent drop in SpA.

Please take the meta-game and battle format into account.

First off Hitmontop was not VGC legal in 2014 , as it was not Kalos Dex .
Second off there are plenty other wide guard users I.E. Aegislash, Swampert, Mienshao just to name a few off the top of my head .
And also the increasing popularity of Quick guard to ward off Tflame and Pranksters also shuts down your Espeed.
I posted my variant after you not seeing there was one already in the forums , but i assure you, you are going to take more damage than you dish out with this set.
And lastly maybe it is you who should take the Meta into account , if you are going to run Max Special attack Modest Arcanine you need to be running Heatwave and Overheat/Fire Blast as well as maybe snarl/ protect/Dragon Pulse / HP ground to not get walled by Half of the Meta, Including Heatran and Tyranitar, and afformentioned wide guard / quick guard users
Oh Hai Der   kappa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Jan 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Marcusube - Jan 21, 2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Jan 21, 2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Justin - Feb 2, 2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 3, 2015, 08:23 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by AbruptFury - Feb 3, 2015, 08:39 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Feb 4, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 4, 2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Heavy - Feb 4, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Arcanine - Attack (Support) - by Cobb - Feb 5, 2015, 07:06 AM