Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

VGC 2015 Question
So yeah, hopefully my first post isn't completely off base but I have a question.

I have been reading up the rules for 2015 and trying to sort out exactly what can and cannot be used in the format. The things I am most confused about is moves and pokemon allowed. I have seen a few references here and there about it, but they confuse me when compared to the posted rules. I guess my two big questions are:

When they say "Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–719, that are caught in the
game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution" with the exceptions of "The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team: <insert list of legionaries>" does that mean anything else goes? I keep hearing about this list of pokemon without Kalos numbers being a thing, or "can't be from pokesafari" is a thing, but that was for the X/Y game rules and not the Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire rules right?

The second part of my question is about moves:

"Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
o By leveling up
o By TM or HM
o As an Egg Move, through breeding
o From a character in the game
o A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion"

I have heard Move tutor moves were not allowed, but that is from a character in game, so not sure which it is.

I know this is a big post, but I have been bouncing all over trying to find info to confirm these things. Thank you in advance for whoever answers these.

Messages In This Thread
VGC 2015 Question - by Tyrenon - Apr 10, 2015, 12:57 PM
RE: VGC 2015 Question - by GiMYz - Apr 10, 2015, 01:17 PM
RE: VGC 2015 Question - by Tyrenon - Apr 10, 2015, 01:20 PM
RE: VGC 2015 Question - by GiMYz - Apr 10, 2015, 01:23 PM