Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Mega Charizard Y team, please help
I'll try to analyze your team step by step:

Rhydon - i guess you have a 31 Atk IV but you want to use your shiny 25 Atk IV Rhydon. I can understand your decision even if it's not optimal, but it's not the main problem here. Eviolite raises Def and SpD x1.5 but if you have a low SpD it won't get a significant boost. I would recommend a 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 SpD spread so that you get a great SpD stat too after the x1.5 boost.

CharY - you may want to run a bulkier spread because CharY really lacks bulk on the physical side. I don't like the Timid nature, since after a Tailwind you want to hit as hard as possible (with a Modest nature of course) but..

If you want to stay Timid, this is a good set:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 164 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge (if you want to use Grass Pledge on Venusaur) / Overheat (to hit and OHKO Aegislash through Wide Guard)
- Protect

# Outspeeds Jolly Breloom
# Survives Jolly Garchomp and Jolly Mamoswine Rock Slide
# Survives Modest Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor

Whimsicott - it's the faster Prankster in the game and you are not using its speed? You have to run a Timid nature + 252 Speed to outspeed any Thundurus-I. Focus Sash is the best item on it in this case.

Venusaur - if you really want to abuse of Chlorophyll, you have to invest in speed too.

Venusaur @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 60 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain / Grass Pledge (if you want to use Fire Pledge on CharY)
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

# Outspeeds Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T and 20EV Suicune (after its Tailwind) by one point
# Survives Jolly M-Kang Double-Edge
# 148+ SpA Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD Venusaur: 78-94 (41.7 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

Gyarados - it's not a good counter to Landorus-T. In general, your team is really weak to Landorus-T (and Garchomp too) since a mix of Rock Slide and Earthquake hit your team really hard. Mmm.. Ice Fang has a better chance to KO Landorus-T so i would run it instead of Iron Head. 252 Atk and 252 Speed also in this case (i don't know why you are not EVsing your pokemon in Speed, that is one of the most important things in this VGC). For the item, i don't know. If you want an offensive set, you can run Life Orb or Expert Belt. White Erb is too situational, but you can test it too if you want.

Before choosing your last pokemon you should check out this: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y|112|3|547|130|

As you see, this team has so many weaknesses that the last pokemon cannot really cover, so you may want to try something else. My idea is to add Milotic instead of Gyarados and for the last slot, Bisharp.

Both Milotic and Bisharp scare off opposing Land-T because of their abilities (Competitive and Defiant), while adding the coverage you need in your team. You won't have an Intimidate anymore, but it's not a big problem.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Recover

This set can take an Adamant Double-Edge from M-Kang and a Modest Thunderbolt from Thundurus-T. Icy Wind is another form of speed control you need in your team.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

There isn't much to say about this standard set.

This is the new type resistance table: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y...47|350|625
What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Mega Charizard Y team, please help - by sheba987 - Apr 18, 2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Mega Charizard Y team, please help - by tygaa2 - Apr 19, 2015, 01:41 AM
RE: Mega Charizard Y team, please help - by sheba987 - Apr 19, 2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Mega Charizard Y team, please help - by GiMYz - Apr 19, 2015, 08:03 AM