Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating.
(Jul 17, 2015, 03:11 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Amazing job Evil, you meet all the points of how i feel about, yes i have got people to gen pokemon for me but i love to breed pokemon and i makes me fell better when a team was put together and built by my own hands.

On the topic of Breeding, whats your opinion on Ditto, i mean i use a 6iv Ditto to breed my teams, i know it isnt as "bad"  as genning but some of the points kind of pretain to Ditto also, i mean if a trainer wasnt able to obtain a 6iv ditto (since most are genned) then it would take him even longer (but still not as long), im just saying this because its usaually the counter arguement when topics like these come up, called people like you and me hypocrites for not using genning but using a genned Ditto. Just wanted to hear your opinion on it Smile.

i'm probably one of the few people who has bred competitive pokemon both with and without genned dittos. Genned dittos are insanely useful but they actually become increasingly less important as you spend more time breeding as 5/6iv offspring you get in the same egg groups will often have the nature you want making them better fathers than ditto since they can also possibly have egg moves (Smeargles arguably the best breeding pokemon in the game). Its not a big advantage like the legends or event pokemon which require soft resetting to obtain you save maybe 20-40 hours breeding time total across every single egg group once each egg group is established ditto becomes kinda useless. The only advantage at that point is it saves you learning all the egg groups or consulting a table every time you want to breed. Smile

Overall i think genned dittos are fine for breeding purposes only they save on set up time and with dex nav and friend safari's you can typically breed withing 2-5 days your 1st competitive pokemon of an egg group and from then on it gets much easier to breed a second in that egg group.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating. - by evilsabre - Jul 17, 2015, 03:24 PM