Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Need a bit of help teambuilding.
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

This is a Mawile from top 8 in the European regional's used by Ninjasyao. If you're not using trick room, this is my favorite Mawile set. A lot of people will try to run low attack and more bulky mawiles, but I think high attack works best in this format. Just my opinion though. The speed investment makes it easy for you to go first against opposing mawiles, azumarills, and more. Making it easy to get unexpected KO's/not have to worry about dumb speed ties/small speed creeps from slower mons.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 96 HP / 164 Def / 188 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb

Unless I'm really stupid; I might be that is; I'm not sure how you got overheat on your goodra? I can't find that it learns it anywhere. Anywho, here is a basic spread for damage and bulk. You don't have to use it honestly. Yours basically does the same thing really.

Vaporeon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 250 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Protect

A very old Vaporeon set, but the best in my opinion. I get what you want to do with wish/heal bell; but sadly i don't see it coming through in vgc. Especially with thundurus being so rampant; its kinda hard to use heal bell to get away from the most common status effect (t-wave) when the same thing thats dropping t-waves can hit you supper effectively (thundurus) I like offensive bulky vaporeon. Muddy water is disgusting but funny, hp grass for obvious reasons, and ice beam is one of the best moves in the game imo because of landy, thundy, salamence, etc.

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

I'm a big believer of 2 things: 1. Fast heatran is best heatran. 2. Flamethrower/Heatwave 80% of the time. Heatwave is weaker, and can miss. Sure you can hit 2 pokemon at once, but most good teams pack wide guard. Making heatran's stab fire move kinda useless. Not to mention things like Aegislash which are so common pack wide guard. Sure, you can predict the wide guard and earth power it. But it won't do as much as flame thrower + weakness policy would be triggered and it'd be easy for your opponent to double down on heatran. It also doesn't help that you have choice band landorus, meaning 2 of it's moves are ALSO blocked by wide guard. Plus if you take my vaporeon advice, muddy water is also blocked by wide guard. TLDR; Your team could be trumped by an unexpected wide guard user.

Safety goggles is for a reason: To beat amoongus. You don't really have anything on your team that beats amoongus. Goodra is a very good hard counter to it, but goodra is also pretty easy to take out within the current meta. Sylveon, M-Salamence, M-Gardevoir, etc. Also there's the idea of what if you can't bring goodra due to team match up. An Amoognus could spore/pop off sludge bombs on your virizion and have fun. Especially under TR. Maybe I just hate Amoongus, but there's been times where I'd get wide guarded on my heat wave and my heatran gets spored by amoongus. I dunno, I love fast flame thrower safety goggles tran. I rarely wish I had heatwave, flamethrower racks up a big amount of KO's/hits 2HKO's that heat wave can't.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Woop woop, Virizion is dope.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 60 Atk / 4 Def / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake

My only use of Bandorus is under a trick room team, and I loved it. I used a brave nature with no speed ev's and I just got to toss it all into bulk and it was so much fun living hydro pumps/ice beams sometimes. This spread was used by Majorbowman in the Missouri regionals. Here's what they said:

"The EV spread is adapted from a bulky Choice Scarf set that Braverius had previously posted on his blog. Andykins actually made the adjusted Band spread and gave it to me after using it himself to some good success. The HP and Special Defense ensure that Landorus survives Hidden Power Ice from neutral nature Zapdos and Thundurus, while the HP alone allows Landorus to survive +1 Sucker Punch from Life Orb Bisharp. Max Speed was used to outrun neutral nature base 101’s and below, including Kangaskhan, Charizard, and Thundurus-Therian. The remaining EVs were dumped into attack, but still allow Landorus to OHKO Kangaskhan, Terrakion, and Heatran with one (or both) of Earthquake or Superpower. 252 HP / 4 Defense Mega Mawile has a 75% chance to be OHKOd by Earthquake even with the spread damage reduction. The combination of bulk, speed, and power that Jolly Choice Band Landorus-Therian brought to the team was invaluable."

weeeee hope I helped.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Sethdraxus - Jul 26, 2015, 06:34 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Delta - Jul 26, 2015, 07:37 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Sethdraxus - Jul 26, 2015, 07:57 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Delta - Jul 26, 2015, 08:50 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Sethdraxus - Jul 26, 2015, 09:07 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by evilsabre - Jul 26, 2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Sethdraxus - Jul 26, 2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Rogue - Jul 26, 2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Need a bit of help teambuilding. - by Sethdraxus - Jul 26, 2015, 07:35 PM