Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] My Notes on Worlds (Opinion based)
First of all you could just answer in Kevin's topic :P

Regarding your thoughts about Worlds, yes.. i was surprised by the popularity of Assault Vest Landorus-T (which is the second most used item on Battle Spot on Lando-T, even if you don't usually see it) and by the popularity of Amoonguss (which is shut down by Thundurus, Heatran, M-Salamence, M-Gardevoir and M-Charizard > strong and popular picks you are sure to see in Worlds).

With the drop in usage of LO Bisharp and Specs Hydreigon on Battle Spot, there's not much you can do to stop Cresselia from doing more damage than you can deal to this bulky monster (Icy Wind, Trick Room, TWave, Skill Swap, Helping Hand.. ). That's why Cresselia has been a solid choice for World Championships. Every team coming in this competition should have had an answer to it. IMO Lajos knew that he couldn't bring Hydreigon everytime he saw a Cresselia (because his opponent could predict that - or simply because Hydreigon could have bad matchups against the rest of the team) so he gave Toxic to his Rotom-W to check Cresselia, which is a cool idea and if he made it to Top8, it might have worked too.

In conclusion, most of the top players agree on one thing: the skill level of this year has been insane, probably the highest level of competitiveness ever in a Pokemon tournament. Japanese players played on a whole other level and that was really fun to watch.

Messages In This Thread
My Notes on Worlds (Opinion based) - by Pokeventurer - Aug 29, 2015, 12:00 PM
RE: My Notes on Worlds (Opinion based) - by GiMYz - Aug 29, 2015, 01:42 PM
RE: My Notes on Worlds (Opinion based) - by GiMYz - Aug 29, 2015, 02:05 PM