Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who has been playing since Red/Blue/Yellow?
My cousin introduced Pokemon to me when I was probably just 5 1/2 years old. (I was born in late 1995.) I don't know; anything that happened to me before Kindergarten I've totally forgotten, except one thing that isn't relevant to this discussion. Anyways, he let me borrow his extra games and extra gameboy all the time that he and his friends apparently shared...maybe? Again, I don't remember much.

About a month later, I was at his birthday party where he received Gold and Silver. Eventually, he let me borrow his Gold version. So I pretty much never distunguished a notable difference between the first 2 gens for a while.

When I visited a good friend of mine that I didn't see often since his parents moved all the time, he saw a Machoke and Kadabra that the cartridge had and immediately wanted to trade with the cables he had. I do remember clearly that he had so much fun using Theif against Team Rocket and Radio Tower. He gave me the Red Gyarados in return... but needless to say, my other cousin was somewhat upset.

Shortly after, a month or week, I can't remember which, before my 6th birthday, I finally received my own Game Boy, and a few days later my father took me to my local game store (which sadly is no longer open Sad ) and bought me a used Pokemon game of my choice. They had a TON of each of the 5 games that were out at the time, but knowing the order of the games, I chose Blue. The cashier pulled out the one on top of the stack of other Blue cartridges...but little did any of us know what was on that one cartridge...

Okay, I'd better stop there before I lose progress and before my fingers fall off. :P Part 2 will come later. SUSPENSE O.O

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has been playing since Red/Blue/Yellow? - by MagnusHexem - Sep 25, 2015, 11:28 PM