Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Swampert Moveset - Tank (Sweeper)
Nice write up, much more relevant to the VGC metagame than your last few write ups. Just a few things I would tweak. First, change 129 to 128, the extra one EV in each stat makes no difference to the level of the stat and it's just standard practice to leave those 2 EVs out. Secondly you have 12 wasted EVs. By dropping 4 EVs from your HP, Defence and Special Defence stat, at level 50 you keep the same exact stats and this gives you more EVs to place elsewhere. I would recommend investing slightly in speed to speed creep other base 60s such as Aegislash, Sylveon and Tyranitar, while still being considerably slower than anything you intend to use Avalanche on.

For your calculations, there are some mistakes. For example, against Landorus-T and Salamence you should also calc at -1 due to intimidate. (For my calcs I dropped the attack to 44 so I could invest more in speed. This only drops the attack stat by 1).

-1 44 Atk Swampert Avalanche vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 112-132 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 44 Atk Swampert Avalanche vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 152-180 (92.1 - 109%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

As for Mega Gardevoir, it never carries Moonblast. Hyper voice does almost the same damage while hitting both targets and avoiding redirection. From experience, they are also normally Modest.

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 196 HP / 124 SpD Swampert: 93-111 (46.5 - 55.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 196 HP / 124 SpD Swampert: 96-114 (48 - 57%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

Thundurus is very rarely offensive. And if it is, it rarely carries Grass knot. Giving up a moveslot to be able to hit Gastrodon and Swampert really isn't worth it. I substituted the offensive set for a very physically bulky spread.

44 Atk Swampert Avalanche vs. 244 HP / 140+ Def Thundurus: 104-124 (56.2 - 67%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

This is basically the worst case scenario for Swampert, it will normally be getting a guaranteed 2HKO. In return Thundurus can't touch Swampert. HP Ice and Thunderbolt to nothing. The worst thing it can do to you is Swagger you and hope for the best (or Taunt you if you wanted to set up). For this reason, Thundurus really isn't a threat, in fact this thing is a counter to it (as long it doesn't carry Grass knot).

There are also a couple of things I would add. firstly, Rotom-W completely destroys Swampert. With its resistance/immunity to all of these moves and ability to W-o-w you, it just wins. Bulky waters in general give you some issues, with Swampert only taking Scald neutrally and their fairly high chance to burn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VGC] Swampert Moveset - Tank (Sweeper) - by RebornFX - Oct 8, 2015, 03:29 PM