Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] I Need Help With Zekrom
(Feb 23, 2016, 10:01 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Feb 23, 2016, 09:23 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: From a VGC perspective you might want to partner up with Gothetelle because a lot of VGC players rely on switch ins, especially for the primals due to their weather effect. Tailwind users such as Whimsicott and Talonflame are perfect for Zekrom, so that he can dish out other pkmn before they get to Zekrom. Keep in mind that Zekrom is only perfect for sweeping out on the front lines, so your only option is either life orb or choice scarf (recommended).

I wouldn't recommend the scarf for vgc16 since getting locked in is generally a killer disadvantage with the speed of the matches. Unless the plan for 'Krom is to show up and go out in a blaze of glory. I'd say put him along side some speed control or go for the tailwind option mentioned here. Icy wind would be a good option for speed control next to him because as I'm thinking about it, it's hard to find tailwind/t.wave bros who don't have common weaknesses. I'm always a fan of icy wind Milotic but I haven't done any research on how milotic's doing in this format.

I think that zekrom has a lot of potential in this format and you're not wrong for being interested. But it will take a lot of work to make him live up to his potential. If I were considering it as strongly as you were, I'd at least try it out for a while. You gotta follow your trainer's intuition

Yeah maybe your right. I thought a choice scarf would be great on Zekrom because of mega-mence's insane base speed of 120. Milotic seems a viable partner though.
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)

Messages In This Thread
I Need Help With Zekrom - by terrorkid94 - Feb 23, 2016, 06:47 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by dustin - Feb 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by terrorkid94 - Feb 23, 2016, 07:28 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by nightburstpkmn - Feb 23, 2016, 09:23 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by bradar485 - Feb 23, 2016, 10:01 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by nightburstpkmn - Feb 23, 2016, 10:16 PM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by GiMYz - Feb 24, 2016, 07:20 AM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by Slec - Feb 24, 2016, 11:09 AM
RE: I Need Help With Zekrom - by Marcusube - Feb 24, 2016, 11:22 AM