Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Feel like giving up
Let me quote something that I was told by a banker.

"A man who is a winner is happy but a man who tries to win but always loses is wise because he learns from his mistakes"

Pokemon, like anything in life, requires practice and patience. Trust me, you are going to lose a lot of battles in your career but again, it doesn't mean that a change won't come. You just have to keep pushing. But in this push, you have to develop good habits and proper technique. If you find making teams hard, ask an experienced player to lend you a team so you can get a feel for it. What you work better with you adapt to getting better with. Never back away from things such as challenging advanced battlers and participating in online tournaments and premiere challenges. The aim is never to always win, but to learn so don't be frustrated if you lose and ignore to people who throw shade at you for your loss. Read... a lot. Forums like this one, NuggetBridge and Smogon are full of information that teach you about the current metagame as well as how to build teams that work in it. Reading sucks but it opens up a world of understanding. Ignorance is bliss but it'll get you killed if you don't address it.

That's really all I can say. Don't give up and surround yourself with people that have a mentality that is geared towards success
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Feel like giving up - by NetworkMeadow - Mar 4, 2016, 11:39 PM
RE: Feel like giving up - by ChaseInfinity - Mar 4, 2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Feel like giving up - by DidgeridooHustler - Mar 5, 2016, 02:07 AM
RE: Feel like giving up - by Marcusube - Mar 8, 2016, 07:51 PM