Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My first VGC 2016 team
This team looks like a lot of fun! I'm about to go to sleep, but I'll give my opinion from skimming through.

My concerns: Mawile's lack of protect, as you stated. I feel like Protect (which is already an amazing move) is too good to not have on someone like Mawile. Being able to protect while their partner trick rooms, skill swap, or even tailwinds are all great opportunities for Mawile to really come through strong right after. I say drop rock slide.

Klefki also somewhat concerns me here. The problem is the lack of offense with the team. Very rarely will you have both your groudon and your kyogre out on the same field, meaning you'd have to pair them with one of the other 4. Mawile brings offensive pressure, but Mawile is best under tailwind, trick room, or being supported with a follow me user. So we run into the issue of rarely pairing Mawile straight up with one of your primals. Cresselia and Togekiss offer great support, with trick room, skill swap, follow me, flinches from air slash, tail wind, and even cresselia packing an ice beam can really help against certain match ups. Klefki, while a very good mon; has some issues on the team. I think you should drop Klefki for something that provides a little more pressure. For example, a rayquaza/ho-oh core could cause some issues for this team. A pokemon like scarf tyranitar could help here with fast rock slides, doing decent damage to both along with having a chance to flinch. (This is just an idea, it's not something you need)

anywho, hope I worded everything right despite being so sleepy. hope this helps a bit, your team looks great!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 01:36 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by Rogue - Mar 11, 2016, 02:36 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by Apo - Mar 11, 2016, 05:06 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by GiMYz - Mar 11, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 09:13 PM