Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

Boom, just made a Forest Curse team on Showdown and I've gotten to 1383 on the Showdown ladder

Coba Berry is to sponge the damage from Mega Salamence's Hyper Voice, however, this goal is slightly irrelevant as the latter doesn't OHKO. Perhaps a Occa Berry would work here. I don't suggest Yache either because Ice Beam Primal Kyogre has been rare (meaning people usually just Water Spout). Colbur Berry works here for Yveltal and Weavile. Really, just pick the berry you feel you need most

At the end of testing I realized that Trevenant absolutely needs Trick Room to pull off its gimmick plus Trick Room always served as a late game win card. This Trevenant is EVd so that Wood Hammer has a 50% chance to OHKO 252 HP Primal Kyogre and the rest was invested into special bulk.

Groudon works hand in hand with this, however, please note that Trevenant + Groudon lead leaves you open to Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, Talonflame and Ho-oh. You can run Stone Edge to mitigate this. Its up to you to fix the Groudon spread because I didn't make it specific to anything.

Forest Curse + Eruption has only been used once out of the 20 games I've played with this team. The main issue is getting the move off plus predicting switch ins from Primal Kyogre

Mega Gengar is added to further support the core as Sludge Bomb hits Grass for super effective. Also note that I decided on Trick Room Gengar as it supports the core better than a fast one. The EV spread allows Mega Gengar to outspeed Mega Mence by 1 point. This means that non Mega Gengar will underspeed Mega Mence in Trick Room allowing you to get an attack off. Getting up Trick Room with Gengar hasn't proven very risky when it is paired with either Yveltal or Groudon. Taunt hasn't been useful at all. Switch for Skill Swap or Destiny Bond

Liepard is for disruption. Haven't used it much, however, the times I have it has done its job of stopping Smeargle, KOing Pokemon with Fake Out and Foul Play as well as crippling Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Fake Tears is an option over Thunder Wave to allow Mega Gengar to clean up with Sludge Bomb

Yveltal supports the team by providing priority as well as a strong hitting Knock Off and Foul Play. It also possess immunity to Ground which is nice.

Talonflame is pretty useless but I have it here as a filler.

This team has been pretty fun in usage so I want to contribute it to this discussion and to hear your views on it so we can further improve on this strategy together
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: (yet incomplete) Team built around Trevenant and Trick-Room - by Marcusube - Mar 31, 2016, 08:58 AM