Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Team build for a local tournament being held
Hello~
So the local league for my area decided to host a small event thing of their own, and made some interesting rules....im wondering if this team would work by fitting in those rules! Ok, so similar to the Kanto Classic, this tournament will only allow the use of pokemon FIRST introduced in Johto, im not sure if they said no held items or not....but since gen 2 introduced held items i assumed so. It could also be that they will limit the usable items to just berries, and power up items for moves of a certain type (Charcoal, Mystic Water, Etc). My goal is to make a team that i should be able to use no matter the situation, whether items are allowed (or restricted) or if they say no items at all. 

Feraligatr @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Waterfall  
- Crunch  
- Ice Punch  

I had one of these from the event, and i thought why not use it? With items i can use life orb, and if none i still get a huge power bonus from Sheer Force.

Espeon @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Shadow Ball  
- Psyshock  

One of my favorite Johto pokemon, plus having Magic Bounce may stop any smeargles with spore, since this is Johto pkmn only singles. Plus with Espeons great special attack it could lead to a powerful battler using both Psychic and Psyshock to cover against physically and specially weak pokemon.

Wobbuffet @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Shadow Tag  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Destiny Bond  
- Counter  
- Mirror Coat  
- Safeguard  

Wobbuffet. Is there really anything more to say with this? You all know what he does, hes Wobbuffet! However, i did find it too dificult to try and get Encore, since Wynauts dont like giving me the right nature (have to sacrifice the everstone for incense) so i figured safeguard can stop any status down moves and negatives effects, no toxic may mean more life.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Guts  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Facade  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Fire Punch  

Guts Ursaring i feel may work in an itemless version as well, sure toxic orb is nice but if they decide to put a status on it they can soon regret it with guts and facade. May not be the best choice but i feel like i needed another powerful beater on the team.

Pupitar @ Eviolite  
Ability: Shed Skin  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Protect  
- Toxic  
- Curse  
- Stone Edge  

I never saw any builds for this guy anywhere, mostly as an attacker or people would just straight up go for Tyranatar. I felt like using it since he has Shed Skin, access to curse, and just to be something you normally wouldnt expect.

Furret @ Normal Gem
Ability: Frisk  
Level: 50  
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Knock Off  
- U-turn  
- Quick Attack  
- Double-Edge  

Since nothing i had used a priority move, i added in Furret for some STAB quick attacks, plus a STAB double edge is nice too. Its mostly for just quick finishes but nothing more. The reason behind the normal gem is to get a huge power boost off to quick attack or double edge when needed, but i may use a scarf or band instead too.

So yeah, let me know what you think i should change if anything, ive been testing it out in battle spot singles in showdown for with items, for no items ill probably wing it the day of tournament.

Messages In This Thread
Team build for a local tournament being held - by Ryouyashi - Apr 15, 2016, 05:03 AM