Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Neon Genesis Evangelion
With the main theory being the repeat theory, it is likely that the movies are an alternate "run through" of the events which transpire in the original anime. The fate of the repeat depends on Shinji's decisions throughout. The rebuild takes a different path (Shinji chooses to "advance" through Rei). This would probably explain the idea behind rebuild "ruining" the things that composed the nge anime such as the attention given to Asuka, as well as the increased focus and character development of Rei, as she is much more important.
Another reason for the lack of personality Asuka has is because she is an entirely different being than that of the anime for currently unexplainable reasons (although theories suggest it is to do with the soulbinding of EVA-02). She only bears physical and superficial similarities with that of Asuka Sohryuu. She is Asuka Shinikami, who seems to be a lot more sane than the histrionic personality disorder sufferer that is Soryhuu. I'm not sure what those cover but I am pretty much obsessed with Langley Soryhuu so I kinda know quite a bit about the situation with the "ruining" of Asuka's character , so that's how I'd explain it

also for more of an in-depth view into Soryhuu's personality and a little bit of how it differs from Shinikami, this is a very good 12,000 word+ essay on it, complete with sources from the anime and other theories.

Messages In This Thread
Neon Genesis Evangelion - by shadbro - Oct 11, 2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion - by Joushou - Nov 1, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion - by shadbro - Nov 1, 2014, 09:20 PM
RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion - by Virulus - Nov 23, 2014, 11:22 AM