Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Soft and hard resetting for a shiny starter!!
Hello all!

Let's get right to it !!

so as you all may or may not know SR for a starter in gen 6th (ORAS is the game im playing the odds on) yields a 1/4096 probability which is troublesome to say the least some people have incredible odds and get it within 1k SR or even less!!( lucky ducks) others who aren't so lucky have to grind their way to a pain staking 20 - 30 k SR for success 

here is what I'm hoping to discuss 
Hard reseting = clearing save file starting game from scratch with new Trainer ID (and respectively a new Shiny ID value)  

given these facts  (plz correct me if im mistaken/wrong with my understanding) after 1k SR do you think it's better to Hard Reset your trainer ID attempt another 1k SR's or would you rather continue with your respective trainer ID Shiny value so on and so forth 

just something I was contemplating while SR on ORAS for a shiny starter

I finally scored torchic at 33k SR !!! 

Another thought while SR when I got to 10k I attempted 100 SRs a piece for both treecko and mudkip hoping changing my method would yield better results with no success I couldn't help but think I SR over a shiny torchic in the process do other people have similar experiences while SR?? 

as always may the shiny odds be ever in your favor ??
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!

Messages In This Thread
Soft and hard resetting for a shiny starter!! - by OGaryOak - Nov 10, 2016, 04:13 PM