Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Time to Adjust VGC17
I understand that this team is supposed to be an all out Trick Room team, however, it would be nice to add at least 1 Pokemon that can perform as a fast attacker outside of Trick Room in case Trick Room won't give you an ideal matchup. There aren't many good answers for Pokemon that discourage Trick Room set up (Gyarados, Tapu Koko, Marowak-A, Drampa, Araquanid etc.) which can make or break games due to your team not being able to properly function outside of Trick Room. There is a common Rock weakness that your team shares as well as insufficient coverage options to beat common threats

Having 5 Physical attackers is pretty bad in this metagame with Gyarados, Salamence and Arcanine having high usage with Krookodile coming behind. In agreement with @"MudkipLegend" you need Thunderbolt over Ice Beam on this Pokemon and maybe even run Shadow Ball over Ice Beam to hit A-Marowak for super effective

252/252 EV spreads generally aren't best for a Trick Room team because you want to EV in a way where you can dodge OHKOs from certain moves and hit hard. Also, I have no idea what 252/140/116 does for Porygon2 and Celesteela

Finally, this team could use a second Trick Room setter. You can't be carrying Porygon2 every game just because it's your own reliable form of speed control. If Porygon2 gets Taunted or knocked out, that's pretty much it for your team. Maybe implement some offensive/defensive modes with the teammates you have
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Time to Adjust VGC17 - by TrainerDerek - Dec 10, 2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Time to Adjust VGC17 - by Slec - Dec 10, 2016, 10:35 PM
RE: Time to Adjust VGC17 - by GiMYz - Dec 11, 2016, 01:41 AM
RE: Time to Adjust VGC17 - by Marcusube - Dec 11, 2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Time to Adjust VGC17 - by TrainerDerek - Dec 11, 2016, 07:10 PM