Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Mixed offense team.
I've been messing around with different teams for the next tournament I enter on pokemon showdown, so I started throwing around a lot of ideas, but I haven't found much sucess with them. I created this team yesterday and it has become the most sucessful out of all of the teams I made. So I'll just give the team rundown.

[Image: porygon-z.png]

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Adaptability  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Beam  
- Thunder  
- Ice Beam  
- Dark Pulse  

I started with porygon z because I usually start with special attackers when building teams for some reason. Anyways after seeing Sejun parks Porygon-z I thought I would use it for this team and It has been winning battles for me at a consistent rate. with choice scarf it can outspeed garchomp and maninly any other pokemon in the meta with an ice weakness. The same goes for any pokemon with dark or electric weaknesses. Hyper beam is also great because of the large base attack of the move, stab, and the base 135 sp attack stat that porygon z has.

[Image: scizor.png]
Scizor @ Life Orb  
Ability: Technician  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- X-Scissor  
- Swords Dance  
- Protect  

I like to include pokemon on my teams that can utilize trick room incase I am up against a trick room team. I set up usually with swords dance when the opponent sets up and then sweep them with bullet punch. One thing I really like about scizor is the only weakness scizor has is fire. Around this time I started to notice weaknesses with this team. Fire type and Fighting type, so I got a pokemon that could cover both.

[Image: tapufini.png]
Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Misty Surge  
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 164 SpA / 44 SpD / 28 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Muddy Water  
- Hydro Pump  
- Moonblast  
- Dazzling Gleam  

This was my solution to counter the weaknesses stated before. To get the most damage out from muddy water and hydro pump I added choice specs. Misty terrain helps boost the fairy attacks along with the boost from stab. 2 out of the 3 weaknesses that tapu fini has are very common so I made sure to give it bulk to live through those attacks. In my opinion tapu fini is a very good special attacker that I really wish had more use.

[Image: metagross.png]
Metagross @ Psychium Z  
Ability: Clear Body  
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def  
Adamant Nature  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Meteor Mash  
- Bullet Punch  
- Protect  
Needed another physical attacker so I got metagross. Psychium z really helps me out a lot and bullet punch because theres no such thing as priority. Anyways this is filler so nothing too special.

[Image: marowak-alola.png]
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SpD  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Flare Blitz  
- Shadow Bone  
- Bonemerang  
- Protect  

To add a new playstyle for this team, I added alolan marowak to be able to take electric type attacks from my xurkitree that I haven't added yet. Standard alolan marowak that everyone uses. Kinda wish A-M was a special attacker to utilize the lightning rod but it is what it is.

[Image: xurkitree.png]
Xurkitree @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Energy Ball  
- Discharge  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Volt Switch  
My final mon. Added because like I said at alolan marowak, I wanted a new mode. I chose assault vest over choice scarf because I wanted to be able to use volt switch. Not anything that special.

Anyways, thats my team I made. I have a hard time with mons with little to no weaknesses like alolan muk or ground type users. Even I have slow pokemon for the purpose of using trick room to their advantage, I struggle against trick room teams. Any way of improving this team is appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Mixed offense team. - by 101239 - Jan 7, 2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by wartty - Jan 7, 2017, 10:28 AM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by RebornFX - Jan 7, 2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by Marcusube - Jan 7, 2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by Colette - Jan 7, 2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by RebornFX - Jan 7, 2017, 03:37 PM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by Colette - Jan 7, 2017, 03:44 PM
RE: Mixed offense team. - by 101239 - Jan 20, 2017, 03:01 PM