Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] [VGC17] Torkoal/Oran/Lilli core
@Arkahn As is the team is ok though I feel as you said it can be improved upon. Lets start with the Torkoal-Liligant core since this is perhaps the main offense of your team. There's not really much to say regarding the core itself since it comes down to several minds games whether you go for After You Eruption, protect one-attack with the other, or even double protect. If anything will suggest how to beat opposing weather matchups since those are rather problematic for Torkoal - Liligant.

Honestly, Oranguru doesn't offer much for the team aside Trick Room support, which even then without Protect or Sitrus Berry it needs to in case it were ever double target. Could recommend Porygon2 or something more offensive like Tapu Lele for that psychic slot. If anything, Arcanine + Tapu Fini will be a rather annoying lead combination against this team so I can suggest a rather weird Nihilego set with Focus Sash and Trick Room. Yes Nihilego does have Trick Room and is bulk on the special side to even pull this off. It will miss having HP Ice for Garchomp, but on a sash set it wont get the OHKOs any more.

Garchomp can forgo Dragon Claw and Rock Slide in favor of both Protect for obvious reasons (scout/position) and for coverage against Kartana. Not much to say though Substitute is an interesting option for Z-Earthquake Garchomp.

Do Feel like Celesteela can work on this team for defensive support and to sure up some weaknesses like Ground, Rock, and Ice. Celesteela can try to abuse the sun and use Flamethrower to get the edge over opposing variants and other Steel-types as well.

For Tapu Bulu, you could go with this set, and my only suggestion there is to change one of the Grass-type STABs in favor of Rock Slide for Fire-, Flying, and Ice-type Pokemon.

Here's the team as is:

Lilligant (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level: 50
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- After You
- Protect

Torkoal @ Charcoal