Poll: Do you think Emolga will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
Uh...no.
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii
(Jan 24, 2017, 04:19 PM)TheGamingPerson12 Wrote: @Okamii what does the spread acomplish?

A great question, thank you for asking! The spread you see for Kili is personalized for both my team and the local circuits in which I play. Here's a breakdown:

All of Kili's IVs are perfect 31s, FYI.

HP: 88 points
Atk: 0 points
Def: 164 points
Sp. Atk: 4 points
Sp. Def: 0 points
Spd: 252 points

The 88 Evs I have invested into Kili's HP works in tandum with the EVs invested in Defense. Most of what we have in this metagame is physcial, with notable exceptions like Alolan Ninetales and Tapu Koko. With this amount of investment in Defense, my Emolga can actually take a STAB Flare Blitz from a max invested Jolly Arcanine, one of the most common pokemon around where I play. Some additional points in Defense may be required depending on the scene where you play. The max Speed investment I think is pretty self-explanatory, as it let's Emolga outpace common threats like Garchomp, Salamence, Flygon, and even supportive pokemon like Comfey. I suggest looking at PokemonForever's Speed tier list for a more in-depth breakdown of that. The remaining EVs could've been put into just about any stat, but I chose Sp. Attack specifically because Celesteela is by far the most common Ultra Beast I fight, locally and on Showdown. According to Pokemon Damage Caculator, this small investment let's me hit Celesteela for roughly 10% of its maximum health even with max HP investment, and roughly 25% of its health per Volt Switch at max Sp. Defense investment. This helps maintain my team's momentum, and gives Emolga the chance to resurge and Encore-lock an opposing mon. I hope that answered your question GamingPerson, let me know if you have any additional inquires!

- 0kamii

P.S. Here's a link to the damage calculator if you want to check for yourself: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/.
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - Jan 24, 2017, 05:29 PM