Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Hyper Offense Featuring Pheromosa and Tapu Lele!
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:51 PM)Black117 Wrote: Haven't yet commented on the team itself, though there are some issues I've had with it concerning some key members. Starting off with the good, do see Pheromosa and Tapu Lele pairing really well atm granted based on their Hyper Offensive nature (hence the team), though it can be improved. Like for Pheromosa, give it Ice Beam to at least be able to threaten opposing Garchomp. Yes it might involve trying to find a Pheromosa with a mixed nature, but at least try it out on Showdown since its honestly much better and there's little drawbacks due to its paper thin defenses. Choice Scarf Lele is decent, though I feel an offensive item such as Specs or Psychinium Z can at least allow it to hit its targets far harder and be far more threatening.

Honestly, Salamence is the most expendable member of this team, not going to lie. While it had its time in the sun early on, I just don't see it doing reasonably well given 1) Tapu Fini and 2) Tapu Fini. In a seriousness, Salemence can't do much if Tapu Fini's Misty Terrain is up as it will halve all Dragon-type attack to grounded Pokemon by 50%, thus making things like Z-Draco Meteor almost useless. You have to maneuver around Tapu Lele to make sure Misty Terrain is up, but at that point, its move of a hassle to attempt as your Pokemon take unnecessary damage against potential Fairy-type on the fields.

If anything, Gyarados makes for a better replacement as you still have the Intimidate options, and with Ninetales Aurora Veil you can setup Dragon Dances against your opponent. This can also help alleviate your weaknesses to Fire and Water-types as Gyarados can at least take on some of them while still spread intimidate drops against the opposing teams. With Ninetales, the moveset is relatively fine, though consider Freeze Dry if you want to hit opposing Water-types and avoid getting Wide Guarded by the opponent.

Regarding Alolan Muk, the lack of protect concerns me as there's no reason not to have it, especially when using it in conjunction with Imprison. Thing about Imprison is that you block the opponent from using Protect as well as long as your Muk is on the field, which can be extremely advantageous. Another move Alolan Muk can utilize is Taunt since there's honestly few Pokemon on your team that stops potential hard Trick Room, or any setup based strategies. Lastly Snorlax, though standard, is rather effectively in what it does as a TR counter, but will ask how effective its been since it could be replaced honestly.

Well that's my rate for the team. Was going to comment about it early but had things going on so yeah.

Lastly, Snorlax is rather interesting on a team like this, but given your lack of
 Thanks for the comment! I have been testing a ton with the team and here are some of the things I have noticed and changed but I haven't posted it yet:
-Salamence does decent work when not against Tapu Fini
-Changed to a Naughty/Lonely Pheromosa w/ Ice Beam, and is much better than Jolly (currently looking for a Naughty/Lonely Phero atm :/)
-The team is really frail
-Switched Muk's Imprison to Protect
-Knock Off is a big threat to Snorlax
-Unnerve is a big threat to Muk and Snorlax
-Snorlax is used as a sponge and an AMAZING way to turn on TR teams
-Snorlax does work; eat hits when needed to, sets up on almost anything, and delivers strong damage.

And I am open to switching Mence to Gyarados, Choice Scarf is a main due to Lele's need to outspeed Chomp and the like (I have tested with Psychium Z and Taunt, but Gengar outspeeds Lele so she dies Sad ), Snorlax is a really strong sponge, but Knock Off kills him as he loses his Figy and can't recover it.

I am trying to fix that, ideas? I need to find the best way to deal with A-Muk, and I like Z-Meteor for a nuke. However, I don't like to use Salamence when against Fini because of her aforementioned Terrain ability.

Again, this is my first RMT and have some work to do, but the sqaud is working on Showdown.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hyper Offense Featuring Pheromosa and Tapu Lele! - by mmathewsVGC - Mar 3, 2017, 05:47 PM