Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Hyper Offense Featuring Pheromosa and Tapu Lele!
(Mar 12, 2017, 03:22 PM)mmathewsVGC Wrote: So here's what's been happening on showdown:

-I like Gyarados and Chomp, switched Mence to Gyardos, Snorlax to Chomp
-I found Magnezone as a really strong switch in for Lele/Pheromosa (except for Arcanine) and does well against A-Muk. Also Magnezone can use Z-T-Bolt to kill Fini or Celesteela, Switched A-Muk to Magnezone
-Sturdy doesn't like Hail
-A-Ninetales to Driftblim for Tailwind, my team loves the tailwind boost.

After the above happened, I found Shoma Honami, a really good VGC player, using my team! He uses Specs instead of Scarf on Lele, and opts for a more bulky team with Mosa a way to shut-down T-Room users. However, I do need help on the EVs and want to know what he runs. Any ideas? I'm experimenting EVs and I let you know about them later...

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 212 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Shoma's EV spread for Tapu Lele has a siginficant amount of HP and Defense EVs to allow Tapu Lele to let it live Kartana's Smart Strike and withstand Z-Earthquake from Garchomp, though on a slight damage roll to OHKO, but impressive at best. You could add more Special Attack into Tapu Lele and play around the damage calculations to see what else it can either 2HKO or OHKO at the cost of the defense investment. Yeah I did notice the team's direction was mirroring that of Shoma's team, so you might want to consider changes where appropriate to distinguish itself from others. There's not much I can say except consider changing the EVs to outspeed certain mons with each of your own or so since its almost the same as Shoma's team now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hyper Offense Featuring Pheromosa and Tapu Lele! - by Black117 - Mar 13, 2017, 01:09 AM