Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble Team
As the title says, this is my team for the Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble. I've been playing mostly VGC format for my entire competitive Pokemon history, so I need some help. This team was built to be offensive with some support if I need it, and I would love to get some feedback on it before registrations start

Main Team:

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Earth Power  
- Sludge Wave  
- Ice Beam  
- Flamethrower

Nidoking is my counter to most of the threats my team faces. Sheer Force is a given, and Earth Power is for Tapu Koko and Magnezone. Ice Beam is for Garchomp, since I'm almost certain he'll be the most used Pokemon in this event, and Nidoking is a pretty good switch in to it. Flamethrower is for Celesteela, which can wall some of my team. Sludge Wave is my counter to Fairy types like the Tapus.

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Fire Punch  
- Hurricane

Dragonite is meant to be my main sweeper after a DDance, and is also my only Z-Move carrier. Typical max Speed max Attack investment for pure damage output. Dragon Claw is his main STAB, with Fire Punch and Thunder Punch for coverage. Hurricane and Flyinium Z is to bomb anything that would normally give Dragonite a hard time. Not much else to say here.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Skill Link  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Razor Shell  
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear  
- Shell Smash

Cloyster is my Spikes lead and hazard remover. Focus Sash allows it to get at least 1 layer of Spikes or a guaranteed Shell Smash (which is literally broken on Cloyster) so I can sweep with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast thanks to Skill Swap. With max Attack and Max speed at plus 2 it can outspeed Scarf Lele and can deal HUGE damage to anything scary that doesn't resist it. 

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z  
Ability: Electric Surge  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Thunderbolt  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn

Tapu Koko is the typical LO Special Sweeper we all know and love  He has Volt Switch U-Turn to pivot Nidoking in safely when needed, Grass Knot for big threats, Dazzling Gleam for Chomp, and Thunderbolt for STAB damage. I'm contemplating finding a replacement for a team member to finish out a TurnVolt combo to keep momentum, so if you have any recommendations I'm all ears.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def 
Gentle Nature  
- Flare Blitz 
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Roar  
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine is here as my defensive utility mon and Intimidate user, which is always nice to have. He's a bulky Arcanine carrying W-O-W and Roar to reduce enemy damage in combination with Intimidate, and Roar to keep out setters like Gyarados or Garchomps running SD. Espeed is for revenge kills since it takes priority and Flare Blitz is there for STAB damage. Sitrus Berry and Max Def and nearly max HP are all for longevity to stall out and wear down big opponents.

Bench/Replacements:

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Venusar is a special wall whose main purpose is to stall big sweepers and wither them down with Toxic and Leech Seed. Leftys for longevity and Synthesis to keep Venasaur on the board as long as possible and stall out threats. Sludge Bomb is our only direct source for damage output and is STAB boosted so he can properly wall Tapus and take them out. 

Scizor @ Choice Band 
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Knock Off  
- Superpower

Scizor has its extremely powerful STAB Bullet Punch than can handle Alolan Ninetails, who is otherwise a huge threat to the team, relatively easy, and with access to Knock Off and U-Turn can push HUGE momentum onto my side of the field. Superpower is there to handle other Steel types like AV Metagross and Normal types like P2, which I wouldn't be surprised to see in the event. The 8 SpDef EVs are to crack the 100 mark, and the max Attack and nearly max HP are pretty straightforward. 

I have tested this team on Showdown and have faired quite well with it. Out of the 15 games I played, I won 10 and lost 5. One issue I've found is a large weakness to Ice, with Nidoking, Dragonite, and Venasaur all being threatened by something like Alolan Ninetails, so almost any team that carried it was able to sweep me. That was why Arcanine was put on the team, and he can do his job pretty well if I can switch him in. Nidoking is incredibly strong when pivoted in after a kill with Koko, but any opposing Ground type or EQ user can oneshot him if they can outspeed me. The team seems balanced though, with 3 Physical Attackers, 1 Special Attacker, 1 Special Wall and 1 Physical wall. I'll leave that up to you though, since like I said, I've never made a competitive singles team and would love to get some input from more experienced players. Thanks in advance!

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop

Messages In This Thread
My Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble Team - by ScottyThunder - Mar 6, 2017, 07:30 AM