Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble Team
(Mar 8, 2017, 10:11 AM)Marcusube Wrote: 3v3 and 6v6 are two different metagames so what works in Smogon singles won't necessarily work here. In a format like this one where Salamence, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Pheromosa, Porygon-Z and Gyarados exist, you need to have adequate checks for each of these to avoid them from 3-0ing your team.

Scarf Nidoking is good for the surprise factor but the item may turn Nidoking from being a fast attacker to set up bait for Salamence, Dragonite or scarf Tapu Lele. It's a huge risk that you have to plan around. Life Orb isn't a bad item and you can have Nidoking focused as a wallbreaker rather than an offensive answer to Garchomp and faster threats. Plus a Life Orb Nidoking deals better with Celesteela, Buzzwole, Magnezone, Alolan Muk, Slowbro etc.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Muk-Alola: 198-234 (93.3 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Flamethrower vs. 180 HP / 148+ SpD Celesteela: 101-122 (51.7 - 62.5%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Dragonite does better with Flyinium-Z or Draconium-Z as both get a STAB boost and Dragonite has a base 90/110 Flying move and base 120/130 Dragon move which does more damage than a base 75 electric attack. Supersonic Skystrike easily clears threats that would normally take all of Dragonite's other attacks

Superpower, Bug Bite and Knock Off on Scizor is still a grey area as the rules don't state that transferring Pokemon from Gen 6 to Gen 7 is legal and all these moves are learnt via move tutor. To deal with your Ice Weakness, Thick Fat Snorlax is an easy fix as it has a good STAB, wide movepool and it is tanky enough to take hits from Pokemon who've boosted to at most +1 Attack or in a few cases +2. Snorlax can also sweep with a Curse/Rest/Sleep Talk/Body Slam set as most teams will most likely be unprepared for it

Right now, Alolan Marowak seems to run through your team as nothing switches into it safely so Snorlax is able to fulfill the role as a check to it seeing as how Snorlax is immune to Ghost, resists Fire with Thick Fat and can shrug off Will-o-Wisp with Rest

For Tapu Koko, consider Fairium-Z as a means of OHKOing opposing Dragon, Dark and Fighting types, particularly Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite and Kommo-o. Hidden Power Ground is also good as it prevents Marowak from safely switching in and 2HKOs

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Alola: 88-104 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A Physical set with Wild Charge, Brave Bird, U-turn and Dazzling Gleam can work to take care of Grass types easier and do more damage as Koko's attack stat is higher than its special attack stat. Not to mention that U-turn prevents Ground Types from stopping Koko from switching out

Physically defensive Arcanine is a better option as most of the attackers in this meta will be physical. Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Roar and Extreme Speed works well for this meta. Will-o-Wisp is a good option over Wild Charge but Wild Charge takes care of opposing water and flying types easier, particularly Gyarados

Venusaur only adds another Psychic weakness and this slot is better used for a Fairy killer. Kartana is perfect as it deals with Ninetales as well as Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini and to an extent Tapu Koko. A scarf set works well as a revenge killer and late game cleaner as not much outspeeds Kartana

Thanks a lot for the input! Like I said, I have basically no experience in 3v3, so I really didn't know what to prepare for. I'll be taking everything you've recommended into consideration to fix the team up before the challenge starts. Thanks again!

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble Team - by ScottyThunder - Mar 10, 2017, 02:47 PM