Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Would love some information/advice.
Hello! I've been playing Pokemon on and off for a long time time but only recently looked into the idea of competitive battling. I have done some research but there is a fair amount of jargon and I'm still stuck on a few things.Would really appreciate some advice/clarification.

1/ Is is necessary to have the highest IV value in ALL stats for your Pokemon?

2/ I have been offered a 6IV Ditto, if I breed with it, does the second Pokemon need max IV stats too? And what does having the 6IV Ditto guarantee/improve for the offspring?

3/ In regards to EV, once I have the ideal Pokemon hatched can I gain EV's for that Pokemon through the use of Exp Share.

4/ Am I right in assuming newly hatched lvl 1 Pokemon have 0 EV stats?

5/ Is Pokerus necessary for training your 'perfect' Pokemon or does it just increase the rate of EV. Likewise with Vitamins and held 'Power' items (Like the ones purchased from Battle Royal Dome)

6/ Once you have maxed EV on a Pokemon do you just continue levelling it to 100 in any manner?

7/ Just as an example, if i wanted a Pokemon with 255 EV in HP, would I just have to gain Exp from killing 255 Grimers (who apparently give 1 EV in HP), assuming I am not using any items/pokerus etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a reply to such a tedious post but would be stoked if someone did help me out a little. Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Would love some information/advice. - by kiwihaze - Apr 10, 2017, 10:15 PM