Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] That moment when a Shiny unexpectedly pops up...
Man.

Where do I begin...?

I'll start with the earliest one I can remember:

It was 2013, I had just beat the game on my copy of Pokémon X, and I was on Route 12 for wahtever reason. I was walking in the fenced grass patch at the start of the route when I had random horde encounter. I was already a bit surprsied, but when one of the Wingulls sparkled, I remember thinking to myself, "IS THAT A SHINY?!" Yes, it was; my first ever shiny. A Wingull with green wing bands. I caught it, evolved it into a Pelipper, and then traded it for a Celebi sometime later. 

Another random shiny that occured on my copy of Pokémon X:

I was checking out a Freind Safari that I had gotten. It was Ground type, and it had Trapinch, Palpitoad, and Camerupt in it. I had seen all the Pokemon in it and decided that I wanted to check out another safari. I was just about out of the grass when I encountered anohter Pokemon. It was a shiny Trapinch! I stared at my 3DS, mouth agape like a Magikarp, and hurriedly used an Ultra Ball. That Trapinch is now a Flygon, and is on my copy of X to this day.

My first shiny in Alpha Sapphire was also one I wasn't expecting:

I was on Route 16 for whatever reason after beating the game. I belive I was checking out some of the DexNav exlcusive Pokemon when I encountered a shiny male Oddish! I did not and do not have the shiny charm for Alpha Sapphire. It was a full 1 in 4096 odds shiny. I caught it with Nest Ball and evolved it into a Bellossom named Okika. Okika is Hawaiian for Orchid. 

I have more stories, but I think these are good to start out with.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: That moment when a Shiny unexpectedly pops up... - by PokѐGuy - Aug 9, 2017, 04:51 PM