Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] 0kamii's Top 5 Unused Type Combinations!
[Image: 704950_10201609217326475_2067826679_o.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and happy Wednesday post, on a Thursday...

Yeah, sorry about that. I had an internet bug Wednesday afternoon and it just came back on a little while ago. I actually used it to try and battle @"Anabel" over on their battle thread, but you can ask them how that went. But anyway, the poll I posted on Monday said that you guys wanted to hear my opinion on what unused type combinations I think would be the coolest, and so I'm here to make with the discussion!

0kamii's Top 5 Ununsed Type Combinations!

5) Fighting Electric

This is a type combo that I can easily see being a boxing kangaroo, with yellow and black volts running down their back. Not only would that be cool looking, but the pokémon with this combo would only have the average number of weaknesses. That's four. Ground, Psychic, Fairy, and Flying. The Flying-Type weakness is already covered thanks to the Electric half of the mon's type, so I think this mon would be awesome on a Singles team. Electric and Fighting both hit a lot of pokémon for super-effective damage. Imagine the carnage were they both on a single, super fast, hard-hitting pokémon!

4) Electric Dark

I was tempted to include a picture of Luxray here, since everyone swore that it was going to be this type. Sadly, three generations later and we still don't have an Electric/Dark-Type waiting in the wings. Yeah, I know that an Electric/Dark-Type has four weaknesses too, being Ground, Bug, Fighting, and Fairy. But we can't simply ignore the marvelous dichotomy that would be the Light and Darkness pokémon. The contrast would be incredible, and I would love to see what the designers could create based around that concept. Maybe a Yin and Yang pokémon anyone?

3) Dark Fairy

All my type combinations seem to be transitioning into each other. I didn't plan on that, but I'll take it! A Dark/Fairy-Type would be weak to Fairy, but that's a small price to pay for what I think could be the coolest familiar pokémon in the game! Is anyone else here a fan of Little Witch Academia, like me? Imagine if you could have this supposed Dark/Fairy-Type as your familiar! Maybe it'd look like Dusty from Gravity Rush 2 ? Some kind of spectral being with stardust thrown in? Oh, the possibilities are endless with contrasting types! Speaking of contrasting types...

2) Fire Grass

I debating putting Fire/Ice-Type in this slot, but a 4x weakness to Rock is no good, period. With this type combination though, the coverage is real, and the weaknesses are balanced like mad! The only real weaknesses I can think of would be Rock, because Grass doesn't resist Rock, and Poison, which isn't very common as an attacking type despite the introduction of Fairy. Design wise, I don't know what would be done for this pokémon, but I get the feeling that the designers would probably draw inspiration from those fire flowers in the Mario series! I just want my Fire/Grass-Type to be good in competitive, is that so much to ask?

1) Normal Ghost

As much as we all want this, it's probably never going to happen, and for one very good reason. A Normal/Ghost-Type is just too strong. With both of these types, its only weakness would be Dark, least as far as I can tell. That puts it in the same category as Spiritomb and Sableye. Having a pokémon with three natural immunities, only one weakness, and two resistances to Bug and Posion...ugh. Everyone would have one on their team, and thusly everyone would have to prepare for it. I'm pretty sure it'd break the metagame, especially if it had a diverse movepool and usable stats. Eh, oh well. That doesn't mean I don't still want one! Maybe just a shapeless form with a sheet over its head? That'd be enough for me.

Well, that's it for my Wednesday post, on a Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with another post to make up for it, and don't forget to leave a comment in the thread below telling me what unused type combinations you'd love to see! As usual, I'll tag four users, and I can't wait to hear what they think!

Thanks for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
0kamii's Top 5 Unused Type Combinations! - by 0kamii - Aug 9, 2017, 09:23 PM