Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Planning for a local tournament
(Aug 25, 2017, 05:35 PM)Spyro190 Wrote: Jolly Mimikyu must have 252 EVs in Spe to reach the speed tie with other Mimikyu and Togedemaru.

Wiki Berry is the preferred berry because it punishes a lot of Bug Bite users and Return is one of the worst STABs for Snorlax: Frustation is absolutely better, but even Facade and Body Slam can be nice. What about the spread?

Oranguru sucks. You should try a ZTR+Hypnosys user or a TR setter able to inflict good damages alone.

Sitrus Berry can be used instead of Iapapa and its other versions only when you have a spread that works together with the item in order to avoid significative 2HKOs. You're using a 252/252 spread, so I guess that's not your case. Use instead the Iapapa Berry or a Focus Sash.

Consider Crunch instead of CC for Arcanine to hit AMarowak. Do not increase Def when it's equivalent to SpD, as you're giving P2 a free +1 in SpA in a late game situation.

Gardevoir lacks Protect.

Pachirisu sucks, use Smeargle/EvioClefairy/Raichu/Togedemaru instead.

Wiki Berry suits better to Milotic.

Generally talking I think you misunderstood the rules: when people say "4vs4" they usually mean "have 6 mons, bring 4 of them in each battle". That said, both your teams are owned by MCharY wich is often paired with a Sleep inducer that can avoid Eevee to BPass and Mimikyu/Oranguru to set TR. My advice is taking a sample team made for BSD and adapt it to this ruleset.

Thanks for the advice! I've been thinking of so many weird combinations that I completely forgot the more common threats like MCharY and I need to prepare for that too. I will definitely check out those sample teams. I knew there would be people here who could point out things I've missed and/or didn't think through. And you don't need something crazy to get something that works. I like weird but it's not always practical.

I knew the Mimikyu pobably needed some adjustment because I used that set in singles and it worked there. Doubles has proven to be very different.

The spreads of these pokemon are either from here or from pokemon showdown calculator. I wanted to try more physically defensive variant since last time I used Snorlax as a special wall and it nearly bit me in the *** with the physical threats.
I will probably change Return to Facade since I keep getting badly poisoned. And I'll change the berry. Now that you mentioned the Wiki berry sounds better at this point.

The Oranguru was there more for the Instruct than for the Trick Room. I have the Z-move on Mimikyu which is the main Trick Room setter.

I had forgotten about eviolite Clefairy. Smeargle I'm not so big fan of since it is so frail. Raichu and Togedemaru don't really offer re-direction which is what I was looking for in Pachirisu. Other than in electric moves.

I will take a note of everything you've said. I think there is sleep clause in play in this tournament so I'm not that worried about sleep. Though whit these sets one spore in the wrong mon could ruin my day.

Messages In This Thread
Planning for a local tournament - by Aqwell - Aug 25, 2017, 09:44 AM
RE: Planning for a local tournament - by Aqwell - Aug 25, 2017, 10:40 AM
RE: Planning for a local tournament - by Spyro190 - Aug 25, 2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Planning for a local tournament - by Aqwell - Aug 26, 2017, 04:06 AM
RE: Planning for a local tournament - by Aqwell - Aug 26, 2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Planning for a local tournament - by Spyro190 - Aug 26, 2017, 10:12 AM