Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Victory! At Last!
Question 
"I did it! I finally won!" - Every hardcore player ever

Hello everybody! Big Grin

I'm in a good mood from having one of those moments in a game recently. I was playing the 4X PC strategy game Stellaris, which is set in a galaxy full of random empires of aliens. It's on the steam store here if anybody wants to look at it. I was playing as the  honestly fairly mediocre  ALMIGHTY human race, with 2 planets under my control when suddenly...

"Incoming Transmission"

Isn't this wonderful? The super-powerful 10,000-year-old demons have decided to tell me how they want to...trade, maybe? raze my empire to ashes and exterminate the human race. And with all the pleasantries out of the way they proceeded to drive a giant fleet of spaceships into my second colony and vaporise it instantly DodgyAt this point I realised (being the smart strategist that I am Wink ) they built their fleets out of all the big-badda-boom battleships and things, but that was it. These guys had made a huge mistake in this, because the idea of fleets is you have a few big ships and a load of tiny ships to get in the way.

This is taking ages, so long story short I threw some dreadnoughts at them backed up by a million tiny ships and somehow it worked. So I've come down here to celebrate with everybody:

I ACTUALLY WON THE WAR!!!

Alright, my story is over now. That's it for today so I can ask everybody else the big question:

What's your greatest victory in a video game, and how good did it feel?

- Sancho, out. I have to retire for the evening. I'll tag some people in a post and then hit the bed. Or the floor. Whichever I reach first.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3

Messages In This Thread
Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 25, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 25, 2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Reis - Aug 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by 0kamii - Aug 25, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 26, 2017, 04:22 AM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by 0kamii - Aug 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Queen - Aug 27, 2017, 08:01 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by gkh1997 - Sep 3, 2017, 04:05 AM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Kris - Sep 3, 2017, 01:24 PM