Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The September Meet and Greet - The Back To School Beat
(Sep 19, 2017, 06:44 AM)PerchPond Wrote: Thanks for the tag @FireTaco  Blush I actually do have a shiny Corsola in a Dive Ball that I caught in the Friend Safari in Pokémon X Big Grin It's really pretty, but considering it's garbage in battle, it just chills in the PC.

Okay, here I go.

Which version - Silver or Gold? I actually already bought both Rolleyes Imma do a playthrough on Silver first, then do a TradeEvolution-based team on Gold because I have 2 3ds's, and I had no Pokemon friends to trade with as a kid so I wanna catch up on what I've missed (QQ)

New feature in USUM? Fossil. Park. Get. Shiny. Tyrantrum. In. Moon Ball...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Pokemon game to suggest? I like RPG's, so if you are into Star Wars, I recommend the original Knights of the Old Republic games. If not, then I recommend Pillars of Eternity, as it's a really immersive fantasy RPG. Strategy-games also appeal to me, where Shogun 2 with mods is my favorite.

Suggestions for the site: Stay frosty. Jk, I think it's fine as it is, hopefully more people will get active with USUM, cause now giveaways seems to be the reason most people come here. Just keep making discussion-topics and such.

Question-time! I ask you @Chansey, why Chansey out of all the 802 or so Pokémon? Blush

Chansey is a sweet happy little easter bunny who loves to raise baby Pokemon, is a nurturing healer with heal bell and softboiled, was really difficult to catch and rare in the old games, is a bit based on the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland  (Nurse Joy even wears a pink version of her outfit,) it works at a veterinarian's office (something I'd someday like to do,) it evolves based on happiness which is really cute, it has a happy dopey cute little face, it's sort of stupid (at least the ones in the anime sometimes seem to be,) it has a cute pastel color scheme, and in the game Blissey can WRECK other people's teams with its low defense + high hp by using Counter.  It's been a bit nerfed since gen2 but back then it was one of the best on my team: my sister named it "the six-eared pink bunny of death."  Also, easter.  I think it's sort of cute that in gen2, we have 3 new Pokemon (Blissey, Ampharos, and Delibird) with basically Christian design themes. (Ampharos is less obvious, but the motif of lights/guiding lights/lighthouses plus also sheep is traditionally symbolic of Christianity in art and things.  And is literally a lighthouse sheep.  Might be a coincidence, might not be.  Who knows. But it's cute and fluffy and was always on my team back in gold so I'd like it either way.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The September Meet and Greet - The Back To School Beat - by Chansey - Sep 20, 2017, 03:28 PM