Poll: About what should be my next post?
This poll is closed.
Does Your Personality Affect Your Play Style?
57.14%
4 57.14%
The Objectively Worst Evil Team?
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Why I DON'T Like the Ultra Wormhole Mechanic in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon!
@0kamii Oh boy, here we go...

I thought I was the only one that felt this way when it comes to Ultra Warp Ride. We literally agree on EVERY point you made in the post. Shiny hunting doesn't necessarily affect as much as of yet, but I totally get where you're coming from.

You would think that having the ability to catch every legendary in the franchise in one game would mean that it was implemented practically and logically, but in reality, the Ultra Wormhole is the most asinine legendary hunting method I have ever seen, and I HATED roaming legendaries in gen IV! Because of how insanely difficult it is control, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get far enough find the Wormholes with guaranteed legends, so instead you're stuck with jumping into whatever hole you see with the most rings and praying to RNGesus that you'll run into a legendary. That blows my mind.

Every other generation, you have been given a guaranteed way to run into the legendary you want. Static positions, the soaring mechanic from ORAS, whatever you enjoy, the similarity between them is that there is 0 RNG involved and if you know where and when to find them, you WILL find them. Instead of that, if the luck is as bad for me as it is for anyone else, it is legitimately possible to NEVER run into the legendary you are hunting, and that is incredibly aggrevating for me. I spent four hours looking for Mewtwo. FOUR. HOURS. Guess how many legends I ran into in the time frame. 

None. Not a single one in four hours. And don't tell me its because I'm doing it wrong and not going far enough to find rare Wormholes, because I always go at least 4-5000 lightyears before I jump into one. I personally just feel like it was a cheap way to pad out play time, and they could have EASILY put at least a couple legends out in the world somewhere where you are guaranteed to encounter them. Nothing in a Pokemon game has ever upset me as much as this does.

Then again, perhaps I am just overreacting. Rant over lol

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I DON'T Like the Ultra Wormhole Mechanic in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon! - by ScottyThunder - Apr 7, 2018, 08:55 AM