Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone?
Upon me waiting for the new Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to come out, I began studying up on Beedrill. It's fairly obvious that there is a certain moveset to use when it is mega evolved. But what I wanted to know was, "Is it possible to use it in a competitive game, where it can become a sweeper?" I, personally, believe that it is possible to be used and can easily 6-0 an entire team under the correct circumstances. However, it would require a Focus Sash and enough luck to have an opponent without priority. Agility is available on Beedrill, so that is a good move to have to make up for a rather low speed base stat of 75. After you use that, the opponent will either set up or Attack. After one Agility, you can have many coverage moves. I prefer X-Scissor, as it is the most powerful Bug Type attack. Not only that, but you can have the Swarm ability increases Bug Moves power by 50% when it's HP is bellow 1/3. This is already in use after your focus sash is used to keep you alive after the agility. Next up is Poison Jab, the strongest Physical Poison type move. Lastly, I'd prefer Acrobatics. It's power is increased to massive numbers after losing the Focus Sash. Although this is powerful, you can get walled by not having a attack to wall Rock Types. So, I would suggest, as an alternate to Acrobatics, have Drill Run. It's a powerful move to hit Rock and Steel Super-effective. It also has a a high Critical-Hit Ratio.

Taking these ideas into consideration, I believe that Beedrill has good potential to be a useable Pokémon in a competitive view. However, it can be easily stopped by priority. Please tell me what you guys think of the strategy, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone? - by ÆR0 Hareta - Nov 15, 2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone? - by Agro - Nov 15, 2014, 11:29 AM