Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone?
Yea but who sends their sweepers into or leaves them in against a +2 speed pokemon with a SE stab attack... Typically you'l face a pokemon who can only be hit neutrally at best and has some bulk behind it. The 90 base attack is nothing to write home about leaving it unable to break most walls only being a 3hko on slowbro who beedrill has se stab on or a 5hKo on milotic. Garchomp and salamance both obliterate beedrill with barely any hp loss garchomp taking at max 38% from x scissor unboosted but he will get the 1 turn ko with rough skin to break the sash salamence even less only taking like 28% from a poison jab/knock off. While its clear you desperately want to use regular beedrill its just too easily dealt with by many common pokemon (kang, ferrothorn, salamence, garchomp or anyone with priority) and while i value surprise factor highly using agility or passing a boost over instantly gives away your game plan since a baton passer would use ninjask, scolipeed or smeargle instead.

I don't want to beat on the idea but i also don't want people getting the idea that beedrill is actually strong, without its mega its sadly lacking in many areas.

Mega Beedrill massively fixes the issues normal beedrill faces since it eliminates the need to set up and gains adaptability to give it some more punch than swarm gives but for 2 types instead of just bug moves.

Edit: note that beedrill down in lower smogon tiers can be quite powerful especially with focus energy and sniper but in the upper tiers he's going to be lucky to go 1 for 1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone? - by Agro - Nov 15, 2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Beedrill Usage Without a Mega Stone? - by evilsabre - Nov 15, 2014, 11:54 AM