Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Mega Metagross Moveset - Physical Attacker
(Mar 5, 2015, 06:33 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: we are gonna want hammer arm man!you know how many kangaskhans are there?!also you need zen headbutt for those pesky fighting types.substitute isn't good unless the pokemon has prankster.the only reason you use a mega is for it's spee and attack stats like garchomp,kangaskhan,medicham.don't invest in defense.go for all out attack and speed!anhialate the enemies!the hammer arm with 252 attack life orb non-mega metagross can OHKO a 252 def kangaskhan,252 life orb/metagrossite bullet punch/iron head/meteor mash can easily OHKO  a bulky sylveon.

Likewise I said in the "other options" you don't have to opt for the same set for any Mega Metagross. You can make any Mega Metagross however you need to fit the team. It's not like this set is going to be the one size that fits everything, except for the "Standard Build" I listed. Likewise you mentioned Pokemon that are usually around the base 102 speed tier which Mega Metagross can still outspeed while possibly adding enough bulk or offense. I'll probably list down important Speed ev investment just to note what benchmarks you need to outspeed regular Mega Metagross. Also...

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 169-200 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 180-214 (99.4 - 118.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Regular Metagross can't even ohko a regular Mega Kangaskhan and I'm sure probably certain the bulkier ones can take one Hammer Arm even from an Adamant Mega Metagross. I should have mentioned this beforehand but Mega Metagross cannot straight out one shot the more bulkier Mega Kangaskhan (or those weird Perish Trap Kangaskhan you probably might have faced).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega Metagross - Attack (Physical Attacker) - by Black117 - Mar 5, 2015, 08:46 AM