Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating.
You do bring up a lot of interesting and valid points, evilsabre. As you say, Powersaving in any capacity is, by definition, illegal. But if the Pokémon's stats, moves, abilities, EVs, and IVs are all legit, is that ultimately cheating? I'm more so asking that question as a rhetorical one so you don't have to answer it. It raises an interesting dilemma though.

I do like your suggestion to fix the problem. Banning legendaries and event Pokémon would be game changing for the VGC community. Imagine not being able to use Landorus-T, Thundurus-I, Heatran, Cresselia, etc. Believe it or not, that would open up the game to more team possibilities because we wouldn't see players using the same legendaries on every team. It would force people to be more creative with their team building which would ultimately be more healthy for the community in the long run.

Great article though! It'll be interesting to see if changes are made to the VGC community in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating. - by DanielJames - Jul 18, 2015, 04:06 AM